When you delete a file from your computer, it’s gone for good, right? Not necessarily. In this blog post, I will discuss three methods that you can use to recover deleted files from your Windows 11 PC. Recovering deleted files can be a lifesaver in some cases, so don’t give up hope just yet! I will walk you through each of the three methods step-by-step so that you can recover your lost files with ease.
- Method 1: Using a Data Recovery Software to Recover Files
- Method 2:Restore Deleted Files from Recycle Bin
- Method 3: Restore Deleted Files from File History
Method 1: Recover Deleted Files with Data Recovery Software
Deleting a file on your computer doesn’t mean it’s gone forever. When you delete a file, Windows simply marks the space that files occupied on your hard drive as empty and available for new data. The actual data from the deleted file is still there on your hard drive until new data overwrite. This is why you can often recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11 PC using data recovery software.
There are many different data recovery programs available on the market, some of these are free and some are paid. Using free data recovery software means you’re inviting viruses and threats to your system. So, it is better to avoid free data recovery software. I personally recommend iBeesoft Data Recovery software, which is a paid data recovery program, but lets you scan and preview recoverable files on Windows 11 for free. It is a comprehensive tool, that offers you all the features you need for Windows 11 data recovery.
- Recovers 1000+ file types, including videos, photos, documents, archives, and more files with different file extensions.
- Retrieves lost files from both Windows 11 PC internal hard drives as well as connected external hard drives, like USB flash drives, SSD, HDD, SD cards, etc.
- Rescue data no matter for what reasons cause the data loss issue, like deletion, virus attack, system errors, power off, crash, etc.
- Fix corrupted videos and pictures which can’t be opened during the scanning process.
- Simple and easy for individuals to use.
How to Recover Files Deleted in Windows 11 PC with iBeesoft Data Recovery software?
The best thing about this software is its ease of use, all you have to do is
- Install it on your Windows 11 PC and launch it.
- Then, select the location where you want to Recover Deleted Files from Windows 11 PC and click on the “Scan” button.
- The software will scan your selected location and show you a list of all the deleted files that it can Recover Deleted Files from a Windows 11 PC.
- You can then select the files you want to recover and click on the “Recover” button. The recovered files will be saved to your specified location.
Method 2: Restore Deleted Files from Recycle Bin
The Recycle Bin is a temporary storage location for files that have been deleted. When you delete a file from your computer, it is moved to the Recycle Bin. The files remain in the Recycle Bin until you empty them. So, if you have recently deleted a file and didn’t empty the Recycle Bin, you can still Recover Deleted Files from Windows 11 PC by restoring the deleted file from the Recycle Bin.
To Recover Deleted Files from Windows 11 PC using this method, open the Recycle Bin and look for the file you want to recover. Once you have found the file, right-click on it and select “Restore”. The file will be restored to its original location.
Method 3: Restore Deleted Files from File History
File History is a feature in Windows that automatically backs up files on your computer. When you enable File History, it creates a backup of your files in the Documents, Pictures, Videos, and Desktop folders. These backups are stored in a separate location from your original files. So, if you have accidentally deleted a file, you can Recover Deleted Files from Windows 11 PC by restoring the file from File History.
To Recover Deleted Files from Windows 11 PC using File History, open the Control Panel then search for Windows data recovery tool in “System and Security > Backup and Restore (Windows 11)”. Then, click on the “Restore my files” button and select the file you want to restore. The file will be restored to its original location.
Tips for How to Avoid Data Loss in Windows 11
Normally people lost their data due to a virus attack, hard disk failure, system crash, or accidental deletion. To avoid these data loss situations in Windows 11, you should follow these tips:
- Always keep a backup of your important files. You can use File History or third-party backup software to create a backup of your files.
- Use reliable and trusted antivirus software to protect your computer from virus and malware attacks.
- Do not install unverified or untrusted software on your computer.
- Do not open email attachments from unknown senders.
- Do not click on links in emails or on websites that you don’t trust.
- Do not download files from untrusted websites.
By following these tips, you can avoid data loss in Windows 11 and can Recover Deleted Files from Windows 11 PC easily if you accidentally delete a file.