New eCommerce business owners know that Shopify and BigCommerce are the two most popular platforms in the eCommerce industry. Even though both the platforms are incredible, Shopify is a bit more complicated due to its complex marketing tools. They also charge higher fees than BigCommerce, which is why entrepreneurs like to shift from Shopify to BigCommerce these days. If you are also one such business owner, we understand your pain. That is why our eCommerce experts have come up with this short guide to help you with the exact steps of shifting the store. Keep reading to find out!
Steps of Moving Your Shop from Shopify to BigCommerce
Before you start migrating, you should backup all your data from the old platform to the new one. You can backup using CSV files, public APIs, or the Rewind feature. After the backup is done, you can start by filling the BigCommerce registration form. While signing up, you will have to provide a few necessary details and answer some vital questions. If you cannot answer a question in the form, you can contact the PR team for help. Below, we have shared the exact steps of Shopify store migration. Have a look:
- Open a Litextension Account: Visit the website of Litextension and register on that page to enable the migration process.
- Enter source and target cart details: After you have registered on Litextension, you can click on ‘create a new migration,’ and the setup process will be initiated. You will have to provide info like the old store’s URL and API. If you cannot find the API, you can take help from tutorial videos on YouTube. Once you have provided the correct info about the source cart, you will have to choose a target cart. Select BigCommerce from the list. Then enter the website link of the store, your name, API path, and token.
- Select the data to be transferred: In this step, you get to choose the data needed to be transferred from your old store to the new one. You can either select all the entities or a few depending on your requirement. There are additional options where you can choose product names, IDs, order tracking codes, etc.
- Migrate: You can either choose to try the demo migration first or do it entirely. We suggest selecting a few options and taking the demo test to ensure everything is running fine. If you want to try the complete migration, skip the demo and start migrating. Users can turn off their laptops because they will be notified by email once the process is over.
- Cross-check the results: After the migration is over, make sure you cross-check every data. Check the products under each category. You can also try and buy a product from your store to see if the purchase process is working fine.
- Customize the store: Now that you have your shop on a new platform, it’s time to upgrade the themes, fonts, payment methods, and other features of the store. You can easily find some classy free themes on BigCommerce. The paid ones are even better, and you can purchase those if your budget permits.
We hope this short blog has helped you learn the steps to migrate the Shopify store. Always make sure that you cross-check everything before driving your new platform public. Also, turn off the customer email notification feature while migrating. Now that you know how to migrate your shop from Shopify to BigCommerce, when will you try it? Do share with us!