Microsoft Dynamics AX is one of the powerful business solutions that comes with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). It incorporates several modules for the support of business operations like logistics, finance, warehouse, and so on. Dynamics AX helps business managers in automating global operations.
Benefits of Dynamics AX:
- Increase Profitability
- Optimize Workforce Productivity
- Quick Adaptation
- Informed Decision Making
- Enhanced Collaboration
Microsoft developed dynamic CRM, and it was made to focus on marketing services and sales services. CRM guides market’s effective flow and product sales. It provides better social insights, completes the customer support chain, and ensures accurate business intelligence. These features can also be accessed via mobile devices with role-based reporting. It consists of ad-hoc reporting features.
Benefits of Dynamics CRM:
- Integration Flexibility
- Growing Community
- Sales & Marketing Automation
- Easy Scalability
- Deliver Effective Customer Support
Integration of Dynamics AX with CRM:
Dynamics AX can wheel out for the businesses, including logistics, warehouse, finance, accounting, and master planning. Both the Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM give easy management facilities for software companies in managing sales, quotations, orders, sales agreements, and activities. The modules in AX and CRM implement the code and share the data via the Dynamics AX platform.
There are three ways in the integration of Dynamics AX with CRM.
- Use Microsoft Dynamic Connector.
- Custom Application Development.
- Utilize the middleware option for integration.
Dynamics CRM and AX offer excellent capabilities in running Custom Application Development services and provides useful information for the synchronization.
Here are the guidelines for the configuration of a connector.
Install Dynamics X connector:
Initially, the user should install a connector with the below steps:
- Find AX connector on Customer Source.
- Install msi file from installation kit.
- Enter the location of MSSQL on the server.
- Create a username and password and install.
- Then, click “Finish.”
After the installation, the integration services should configure through Dynamics AX.
Prepare Configuration Services:
The connector is used to integrate Dynamics CRM and AX services. The configuration is a must for service integration.
Below are the steps for the configuration process:
- Click “over set-up” on the Project Management bar.
- Choose Dynamics CRM integration from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Project to Dynamic CRM integration”.
- Then run the program.
Configure the Connector:
- Open the connector for AX.
- Choose adapter settings from the menu bar.
- From the adapters’ list choose Dynamics AX 2012.
- On the next page type “AOS Server name” by entering username and password.
- Click on Configure Dynamics AX 2012.
- From the dialogue box click on Refresh Service.
- Finally, click on the popup dialogue box.
- From the adapter’s settings form, check the configuration with the setting button.
Configure the CRM connector:
- Click on Dynamics CRM 2011 on the left side of Adapter settings form. Then enter username and password.
- Then enter the discovery URL.
- Click Configure Dynamics CRM.
- Open the administrator details from the adapter configuration form.
- Click on “Get Organizations.”
- Select “Syncing Organizations.”
- Start the CRM updating process after clicking the configuration page.
- Using CRM adapter settings test the configuration.
- Click on “Save the changes.”
Integrate AX to Dynamics CRM:
- From the connector of AX, click on the “New Integration.”
- From the drop-down list, select a template to configure the integration.
- The first and second adapters are set to Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM, respectively.
- Then from the first drop-down list, select the company for sync and from the second drop-down list select CRM organization.
- Click “Over Create.”
Sync CRM Picklist:
It is essential to synchronize the connector with the main table. Now both the Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM must be synchronized. Let’s move into the process of this synchronization using pick-list.
- From the pick-list, select enumerate values and click on “Activate.”
- On the menu bar, click the “Save” button.
- Now the connector discovers the changes and starts integration.
The purpose of the Dynamics CRM integration module is to offer traditional CRM to the Custom Software Development services. The Dynamics AX can deploy on the partner host premises, but the Dynamics CRM can develop the system easily handled. Also, Dynamics CRM gives mobility to the systems, and it is accessible through any device or browser. Hence, CRM is deployable in several options, such as partner host and cloud.
How does Dynamics AX/CRM Connector work?
Dynamics AX/CRM connector is used to integrate AX with CRM di-directionally. There is no need for any adjustments or modifications in CRM once the connector is controlled with Dynamics AX. This connector is also known as a standalone application which is installed in Dynamics AX. It synchronized the data with business logic and deployed for the integration of Dynamics AX. It delivers several templates for pre-mapping to customize the process. Creating a new mapping template is very easy. There is no requirement of additional hardware infrastructure for the connector in handling the transactions. There is no need for additional resource deployment for data synchronization. If the user customs the business logic in this integration, then AX/CRM connector will not work properly. This is a major disadvantage in using Dynamics AX/CRM connector.
Benefits and Scenarios of Dynamics AX Integration with Dynamics CRM:
- Increase the productivity of the company and the employee.
- Data eradication with associated costs.
- This integration helps to scale the operations of the company without the additional overhead of any employee.
- Update product availability to the Dynamics CRM solution.
- Update the statuses of the CRM system.
- Update the applications of Microsoft Dynamics CRM along with the latest prices.
- Update new contacts of CRM system.
Both Microsoft Dynamics AX and Microsoft CRM are similar in many parameters. According to CRM development service, AX is considered a comprehensive ERP which utilizes the operation management for large and medium-scale businesses. CRM is a standalone product in the completion of market operations and service management. The above article gives you a detailed description of the Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM integration along with their definitions, benefits, scenarios, and their steps. These integration steps are very easy to implement.