Why Need to Add Text to Video?
Nowadays, it is popular to record your daily life and share it on your online social media. The more you share, the more popular you tend to become. Yet, if you want your videos to be recommended and viewed by more audiences, you need to spend some time editing them and making them more attractive.
In general, you can edit video with text, filter your video with beautiful 3D movie effects, put vivid stickers into the videos, merge different video clips with natural transitions, change your video playback speed or reverse it, etc.
Then, how to add text to video or do the other edition mentioned above? It is hard to complete the task? Don’t worry! There are apps for adding text to video together with other operations. One of the recommended text video editors is MiniTool MovieMaker, which is a professional and reliable free video editing software without any watermark.
Next, let’s see how to put text on video with MiniTool MovieMaker.
How to Add Texts to a Video?
- Double-click to launch MiniTool MovieMaker and enter its main interface.
- Import your files. Click the My Album button in the left menu under the Media tab and click the Import Media Files button in the middle of the interface of this tool to choose the pictures or videos you want to add a caption to.
- Click the + button in the bottom right corner of the target material and add it to the track.
- Click on your target material on the track and click the Text tab at the top of the interface.
- Click the Caption in the left panel, select the caption mode you want, then click the + button in the bottom right corner of the caption mode to add it to the target material.
- After you add a caption, it will show an edit box in the Player section. You can edit the text you want. See below for more information about editing a caption.
As you can see from the below screenshot, there is a Text Property section located in the right area of the main screen. It will appear when you click on a specific text element on the text track. You can change the font and size, line space, color, background color, etc. for your text with drop-down menus. Meanwhile, bold and italic texts are also supported.
Delete the Caption
If you want to delete the caption, you can right-click the caption and click Delete or choose the trash icon on the track toolbar.
When you finally get your video edited with proper text, just click the Export option in the upper right to export the refined video.
It is easy and interesting to add text to video and express your emotion with words. From the above guide, you can find it is a good choice to rely on a video text editor to assist you in completing the task. Finally, hope you will gain more likes and subscribers with the optimized videos!