So, finally, you’re here and have decided to convert your dream app into reality. Finding the right app developer is the first step for you to propelling your business success.
When we talk about hiring an app developer in the USA, the first thing that comes to mind is how much it costs to hire a mobile application developer in the USA.
There are many mobile app development companies offering various app development services across the USA. However, the cost of hiring a mobile app developer in the USA depends on a number of factors. In this blog, we will look at the important factors in hiring mobile app development costs in the USA.
App developer costs per hour in the USA
Literally, app developers’ charges change drastically as per the location. Like in India, the average of an app developer is around $19, whereas, in the USA, it ranges from $42 to $70. Also, if you hire a senior app developer to build an app, the hourly rate can skyrocket to more than $100. So, you can see that it takes a lot of money to hire a mobile application developer in the US.
Now many of you might wonder why USA app developers’ charges are so high; the thing is, several factors affect the app developer hiring cost, and below are a few of them.
Factors Affecting the App Developer Cost
- Qualifications/skills: The first thing you look for in an app developer is also crucial in app developer cost. In layman’s terms, where did the developer graduate, and what are their skills. The more skills they have, the more they charge.
- Experience: As I’ve mentioned above, senior developer charges can skyrocket. A senior mobile app developer charges more than a well-qualified developer.
- Location: Location plays a crucial role in app developer charges. Like, an app- developer in the USA spends more money to maintain their standard of living and the cost of living in the country. That’s why an app developer in the USA charges more compared to an app developer in India.
- Technology: Your app developer charges can be affected by the technology you want to use to build an app. Like Android and iOS, developer charges are different, but generally, a developer specializing in more technology/skills charges higher.
- Complexity: Not the developer complexity; it’s your project complexity. To create a simple application, you may have to pay around $30 to $40, whereas an advanced application development can go higher.
Things worth consideration when hiring an app developer
- You don’t have a clear idea of what you want and rely on the developer to magically deliver it.
- Setting unrealistic deadlines for completing activities or projects frequently results in a subpar final product.
- Lack of defined SRS (Software Requirement Specification) – Software Requirement Specification and presuming the developer would know exactly how your project/software will work at the end.
- Don’t use a cheap developer because a lack of funds can lead to a less powerful product requiring many maintenances and revisions. I’m not suggesting that inexpensive is terrible, but I’ve found that it always costs more.
- Waiting till the completion of the software development process before making any further follow-ups
- Treating a developer as though they are a commodity because you paid him or she might be highly detrimental to the final product.
- Lack of designs, graphics, and concepts for your software’s visual appearance and feel.
4 tips for hiring an app developer for a reasonable cost in the USA
Below we’ve prepared a few tips which can save you a few bucks on hiring an app developer; you must consider it.
- Do market research and know the mobile app development market rates: This will be your step when you hire an app developer in the USA. As stated above, location can differ the developer rates, so you need to research well about the market rates for hiring an app developer.
- Determine the optimal tech stack: As technical knowledge plays a crucial riles in developer charges, you should be clear about the tech stack you want to use for developing an app. Android and iOS developer charges are different, so decide on which platform you want to make an app on.
- Prefer offshoring companies to reduce the development and hire cost: If you’re facing a budget issue or want to reduce your app development cost without rendering the app quality, I suggest hiring an offshoring company instead of an app developer. Offshoring companies have their own benefits. Also, this will save your time in finding a qualified developer.
- Use staff augmentation service: Staff augmentation firms could be a good choice if you only need a developer for a short time to make an app. Yes, an hourly rate can be a little higher, but the benefit is clear when you consider sick leave, vacation pay, and providing the right tools. In the long run, the average cost will be less if you do this.
Develop your app with JumpGrowth
JumpGrowth is renowned in the app development field and has developed numerous astounding apps for clients. Also, they have offices in the US and have worked with several technology-savvy entrepreneurs and design-conscious brands to create unique products that have set the industry standard. JumpGrowth has a proven track record for designing, developing and delivering award-winning solutions for start-ups, enterprises and government agencies across the globe. You can get a free quote from JumpGrowth and discuss your development needs with the industry experts.
The cost to hire a mobile application developer in the USA can vary greatly. There are many factors that affect the cost of hiring a mobile application developer in the USA. The cost to hire a mobile application developer in the USA can range greatly depending on the type of app you are looking to build, your requirements, and the developer you are looking to hire. The cost to hire a mobile application developer in the USA can be cheap if the developer is inexperienced and does not use the latest technologies, but if you want the app to be the best and most cost-effective must hire an app development company like JumpGrowth.