The revolution of digital business cards is driving people toward shifting from traditional business cards to digital business cards. But, as we know, there are many platforms available in the market that provide Digital Business card services, and we can choose any of them.
But still, if we don’t have enough time for that or we don’t want to spend too much money on it, then we can also go with creating a digital business card through Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word has some tools that allow the building of virtual business cards quickly.
Users can create a digital business card through Word via Template or Scratch. Let us understand the process for both briefly.
# Using a Template
To create a digital business card in Microsoft Word using a template, users need to follow the steps we given below:
- First, users need to head to the File Menu and tap on the New option.
- Now in the New Tab, users need to type ‘business cards’ in the search field and press the Enter button.
- You will get many business card templates in your screen format, and all the templates are free. Some of them are horizontal, while some are vertical business cards.
- Now you have to choose a template that you want for your business card. The best thing is that you can change the color and element at your convenience. So, pick the template and tap on the Create or Download option in MS Word.
- In the next step, you must fill out all the information on your business card. You must make sure that you add the data manually in every box to create a virtual business card.
- Now users can change the format as per needs and can also change the font color. But you should know that you are creating a digital business card, so make sure things work professionally.
- If your business has any company logo, insert it, adjust the logo size, and ensure it gives a perfect look.
- Now proofread your card and check there is no typing mistake. Your business card is your first impression, so we should not compromise on these things.
- If you want to share it digitally, you can save the card and share it on different platforms. But to make it a hard copy, you must go with the Print option.
- It would help if you had a good quality printer with high-quality papers; some people prefer white or off-white paper, while some prefer glossy paper. So, make sure you have the best quality printer with high-quality articles.
- Once the printing is done, you need to use a paper cutter or any other precise tool because a page covers almost ten cards. So, it would help if you cut it professionally to have the best product in your hand.
That’s it; follow the above steps, if you want to create your business card in Microsoft Word via Template.
# Creating from Scratch
If you want to create it yourself, follow the steps and fully understand all the steps.
- First, open the New tab, and you must use tablet tools to create it effectively.
- Now go to the Page Layout option and tap on the Margins option. It would help if you chose the Narrow option to make margins more petite than the default settings.
- Then go to the Insert tab and tap on the Table section. A new grid will open where you have to choose a two × 5 table.
- Now right-click on the table selection crosshair and go with the Table properties option.
- In the next step, you need to make the alignment of your business card in the Center.
- Now click the Row tab, specify the height to 2 and choose exactly in the Row Height section.
- Then move to the Column section, set the preferred width to 3.5, and measure in Inches.
- Now you will have tables on your screen, and then right-click on Crosshair again and tap on the Autofit option.
- Then choose the Fixed Width option, which will prevent changing the shape.
- Now you can add information to your first cell and add boxes, different fonts, and colors to make changes.
- Before moving to the next cell, proofread all the information you have added.
- Once satisfied with the information you have added, copy the whole content and paste it into all other cells by tapping Ctrl + V.
- You need to ensure that your business card is minimalistic and that all the information is clearly visible to the readers.
- Now right-click on the Crosshair again and tap on the properties option where you need to tap on the Borders and Shading option, then tap on the None option for the border. It assures that no frame will come during printout.
- Then you should have the best quality paper where you can print your business cards. You can also go with a professional printer that will provide you with the best quality business cards.
- At last, use the best and most precise cutting tools so that you can cut your business cards for a professional look.
That’s it; following these steps, you can create a business card in MS Word from Scratch.
Both processes can be done in just a few minutes, you need to follow the steps correctly, and you can create your business card. The above methods can help you make your business card quickly without putting much effort into it. So, we hope that this information remains helpful for you.