We are living in a world that is smaller than ever, thanks to the advanced internet and communication technologies. The internet is something really important in a way it has connected us with people residing in different parts of the world. If you take a look at the situation in India, you will find that Jio is the most popular name. Jio made its way into the market later than several other telecommunication companies but it has surpassed them all in terms of customer base. The number of people using the Jio network is significantly high. Recently we found that a large number of people were searching about jio network problems. Based on the number of people searching about it, we thought to address this issue without further delay.
Most common problems associated with jio network
The number of smartphone users in this country is quite high and that number is still growing. The most common problem faced by the jio users is the issue of weak signals. And there are several solutions to this issue. Some of these jio network problem solutions would work for a few people while other solutions might work for the rest. Let us see which one is able to solve your issue of the weak signal.
Make sure the SIM card is in the first slot
The majority of the smartphone of this age support dual SIM cards. And it is always recommended to insert your SIM card in the first slot of your 4G supported device, if you want the Jio SIM to function smoothly in your smartphone.
According to a survey conducted by the popular tech blog GADGET SKOOL on their social media channels, the majority of the network issue arises due to the wrong SIM placement. So you should be very careful about it while putting your SIM card in your device.
Make sure your phone has the right LTE settings
This is another important thing to care about. Your smartphone will not be able to catch the proper signal if it is it has improper LTE settings. Here is the right way to have proper LTE settings on your smartphone.
- Open Settings on your phone and then tap on Mobile Network.
- Once you are in the Mobile Networks menu, click on Preferred Networks Type and then select LTE from the list.
You might be able to get rid of this issue by now. In case your phone is still unable to catch the proper signal, here is something else to try.
Clear cache on your phone
If you haven’t cleared the cache in a while, the internet speed will slow down. In case you don’t remember when was the last time you cleared cache, it is time to clear it and that would solve all your issues associated with internet speed. The steps required to do it varies based on the brand of your smartphone. But you will be able to find the options to do it in the Settings. Clearing cookies and cache will help you a lot in enhancing the overall signal strength.
Alter the APN settings
If none of the solutions for jio network problems mentioned above have worked for you, this one might be the ultimate solution. Here is the way to do it.
- Go to the Settings of your phone and find the option named Mobile Network. This might be named as a Cellular network in some brands as well.
- In case you have two SIM cards installed on your phone, select the SIM card for which you have to alter the Settings.
- Once you are on this page of Settings, click on ‘Access Point Name’.
- Now you will see a ‘+’ symbol on your phone. Here is the set of information you have to enter.
- Name – Jio
- APN – JioNet
- Proxy – As usual
- Port – As usual
- Bearer – LTE, GPRS, UMTS, HSDPA, HSPA, HSPAP
- APN Protocol – IPv4/IPv6
- MVNO Type – None
- APN Roaming Protocol – IPv4/IPv6
- APN Type – As usual
- Multimedia Message Proxy – As usual
- Server – jio.in
- MMSC – As usual
- MCC – 405
- Authentication – RAP or CHAP
- MNC – 871
- Multimedia Message Port – As usual
- Username – based on your preference
- Password – As usual
We have provided enough ways to let you solve your jio network problems. We hope one of these solutions might have worked for you. In case you are unable to get rid of this issue by now, you should reach customer support.