Finding the right content marketing strategy for your cyber security business can be quite interesting. Content marketing becomes a little tricky when it comes to a technical field. The major question that arises is whether you should stick to a technical form of writing, or if would you be interested in looking into the non-tech side. The most crucial thing to keep in mind while devising a cyber security content marketing strategy is the target audience. If your target audience is not someone who’s so technically sound, then having a non-tech approach is a sound decision.
Key Tips before you jump into cyber security content marketing
Before you jump onto creating content for your cyber security business, there are four key tips that you should always have in mind for cyber security content marketing. They are:
1. Question yourself about the target audience: To be pretty specific, the target audience keeps changing based on the client’s needs. Understanding the target audience would always help you to devise your content in a flexible manner. Don’t forget to question yourself about the following things:
1. Whether the target audience is a business or an individual?
2. Whether the client provides customized solutions or pre-defined ones?
3. Budget for the target customer?
4. Are the offerings specific to an industry?
Asking the above questions will help you to get started in terms of finding out who your target customer is.
2. Position yourself as an Angel and not as a devil: Fear-mongering is one of the most critical mistakes every content marketer does. Everyone knows the importance of cyber security, so fear-mongering will only make you sound pushy. Instead, focus on educating the end user, create urgency for the situation and adopt a consultative approach.
3. Focus on creating a content mix throughout the user journey: Having a content mix ensures that you are guiding your user throughout the sales funnel. Highly synchronized integrated content pieces give a lot of confidence to the end user too. Once the content is generated, make sure you measure the performance of the content through numerous KPIs – that focus on answering the ‘Why’ for creating the content.
4. Focus on generating e-mail quality content: E-mail marketing is one of the key ways for prospecting by the SDRs. The content should be much more leaning toward an educative and consultative approach. Potential clients should be aware of what services that cyber security firm is offering. An important step in cyber security content marketing is to ensure a free flow of content – that is well connected to each other, driving lead generation through interactive story-telling.
Different types of content to boost the cyber security content marketing initiative
There could be different types of content in order to generate large traction and enhance lead generation. As a digital marketing professional, these are the contents that you could look into:
- Blog posts sharing the working methodology of the cyber security firm.
- Video reviews of the services being provided.
- Research reports and analytical decks on the current market trends.
These are the top cyber security content marketing tools that can help you to place the cyber security firm on top.