The global greenhouse film market is expected to be valued at USD 13.15 Billion in 2027 from USD 6.31 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 10.2% through the forecast period. Greenhouse film, also known as greenhouse plastic, refers to a type of plastic film made of polyethylene, polyvinyl plastic, copolymer plastic, or polycarbonate plastic that covers the roof or sides of a greenhouse. It provides a wholly enclosed structure for a greenhouse and helps maintain the growing environment for crops. These films are specifically designed to trap the rays of the sun, creating a warm, humid atmosphere for the crops to grow efficiently. Hence, these films are resistant to high UV radiation and facilitate the overall agricultural yield.
The growth of the global greenhouse film market is primarily attributed to the rising demand for enhanced agricultural productivity, augmented focus on sustainable agricultural production, growing demand for higher profit margins, and the rapidly expanding horticulture industry. The rising demand for greenhouse-cultivated crops, consistent development of greenhouses, and rising government focus on enhancing agricultural productivity by means of highly advanced modern farming techniques are the other crucial parameters projected to bolster the growth of the global greenhouse film market. Moreover, increasing adoption of greenhouse-protected cultivation methods and the emergence of technologically enhanced greenhouse films, with features such as NIR blocking, UV ray protection, and fluorescent and ultra-thermic properties to protect crops from pests, have further boosted the growth of this market.
Manufacturers have increasingly been developing advanced greenhouse films made with lightweight and durable polyethylene materials. Various R&D activities are underway to produce raw materials for these films that offer high tensile strength, tear resistance, and light transmission. In November 2019, RKW Group, the leading German plastic film manufacturer, announced its plans to introduce advanced greenhouse films and silage films & bags to help farmers with efficient agricultural production. With this launch, the company expected to strengthen its position in the greenhouse film market.
Key Highlights of the Report:
- The low-density polyethylene (LDPE) resin sub-segment occupied a staggering 50.8% share of the global greenhouse film market in 2019. The segment is poised to record the highest growth rate in the coming years due to the growing utilization of LDPE greenhouse films in the agriculture sector worldwide.
- Based on thickness, the 150-to-200 microns sub-segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 10.7% over the projected period. The increasing need to stabilize greenhouse films with high-performance UV absorbers and light stabilizers and a thickness of 150 to 200 microns has boosted this segment’s growth.
- The Asia Pacific greenhouse film market, which held the largest revenue share compared to the other key regional markets in 2019, is expected to maintain its dominance throughout the forecast timeframe. The region’s rapidly agricultural sector, growing need for improved agricultural productivity, the expanding populace, and surging demand for food are the primary factors contributing to the growth of the Asia Pacific market.
- The key industry participants include Armando Álvarez Group, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, RKW Group, Ginegar Plastic Products Ltd., Plastika Kritis S.A., Berry Global, Inc., Agriplast Tech India Pvt Ltd, POLIFILM EXTRUSION GmbH, GROUPE BARBIER, and A.A. Politiv Ltd.
Emergen Research has segmented the global greenhouse film market based on resin type, thickness, and region:
By Resin Type (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- Low-density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Linear Low-density Polyethylene (LLDPE)
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate (EVA)
By Thickness (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- 80-to-150 Microns
- 150-to-200 Microns
- More than 200 Microns
By Region (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/greenhouse-film-market