The global Speaker Driver Market size is expected to reach USD 31.18 Billion and register a CAGR of 2.3% during the forecast period, according to the latest analysis by Emergent Research. An electrical audio signal is transduced into sound waves by a speaker driver. It is an audio loudspeaker that produces sound. Speaker drivers are a significant factor in the audio output quality of the headphones being reduced. The use of large-sized drivers has taken center stage as the demand for headphones with strong bass grows. The bass effect of a magnet is directly proportional to the magnet’s field size or surface area.
Deep bass is produced by a strong magnetic field. The volume increases as the air displacement increases. A driver needs to be able to move air to simulate a realistic bass response. Displacing air is a specialty of dynamic drivers. These drivers are therefore best suited for producing a powerful bass response. Other factors promoting market expansion include increasing consumer disposable income, rising living standards, rapid urbanization, widespread use of mobile phones, high-speed Internet connectivity, and falling costs.
The introduction of AirPods will significantly contribute to market expansion. Due to consumers’ growing preference for greater convenience, the demand for wireless devices has been expanding. These products connect wirelessly via any audio or visual device and do away with the inconveniences associated with utilizing corded headphones. Future market growth is anticipated to be supported by technological advancements as well as the release of more sophisticated products such as smartphones with no notches.
Some Key Highlights from the Report
- During the anticipated period, the headphones/earphones sector of the worldwide speaker driver market is anticipated to experience the quickest growth.
- The global speaker driver market is expanding as a result of increased demand for earbuds and tiny, wireless headphones among fitness enthusiasts.
- Along with wireless technology, recently introduced bass enhancing, active noise cancellation, and hands-free calling capabilities are projected to increase the appeal of truly wireless earbuds, driving up demand for headphones/earphones in the speaker driver market throughout the forecast period.
- Sennheiser introduced the CX 400BT True Wireless in September 2020. Its 7mm dynamic driver produces high-fidelity stereo sound with authentic mids and powerful bass.
- In May 2020, HD 458BT wireless headphones were launched by Sennheiser with a stylish new design.
- In 2020, Asia Pacific contributed the greatest revenue share to the worldwide market, and this trend is anticipated to last throughout the forecast period. The existence of important actors in the region’s nations can be credited with this constant expansion. China, the region’s largest producer and consumer of electronics have a significant impact on the market’s expansion in terms of revenue. Additionally, it is anticipated that the market would rise as a result of rising disposable income, rising mobile device penetration, and the quick construction of 5G infrastructure in nations like India, South Korea, China, and Japan.
- Major companies operating in the market are Sennheiser Electronic GmbH & Co. KG, Samsung Electronics, Sony Corporation, Knowles Electronics, Goertek, Beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG, Fostex International, Eastech, Voz Electronic Co., Ltd., and Fortune Grand Technology inc.
Based on device type, size, application, and region, Emergen Research has classified the worldwide speaker driver market for this analysis.
Device Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Hearing Aids
- Smart Speakers
- Mobile Phones/Tablets
Size Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Below 20 mm
- 20–110 mm
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Others (banking, travel and tourism, hospitality, and education)
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- the U.S.
- the U.K.
- Rest of Europe
- the Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA