The GERD Drugs and Devices market is expected to be valued at USD 6.14 billion in 2027 from USD 5.10 billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 2.3% through the forecast period, according to a recent report by Emergen Research. The market for medicines and devices for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease is expected to grow due to an increase in the incidence of, among others, acidic taste in the mouth, heartburn, dry cough, hoarseness, and asthma. Different medications, devices, and surgeries consist of GERD drugs and devices.
Due to the intake of analgesics, smoking, decreased prevalence of Helicobacter pylori infection, consumption of certain types of food and beverage products, high body mass index (BMI), family history of GERD, and limited physical activity, gastroesophageal reflux disease is increasing. Demand for the market for GERD drugs and devices will be driven by the increasing incidence of the disease.
The rise in the trend of self-medication and increased awareness of GERD are key factors affecting the growth of the market. In addition, rising occurrences of GERD disorders, as well as lifestyle changes, are driving market demand. The expiration of the patent on most medicines paves the way for new medicines over the counter and generic ones. The adoption of the GERD drugs and devices market is restricted by poor reimbursement of processes and devices, low safety, and efficacy.
Key Highlights From The Report
- Sandoz Inc. announced in November 2020 that it had shipped pantoprazole sodium to supply Civica Rx with 40 mg for injection in hospitals. It is part of a multi-year collaboration with several other pipeline medications to reduce supply shortages.
- H2 blockers are a group of drugs that reduce the amount of acid generated by the stomach’s cell lining. They are also known as antagonists of the histamine H2-receptor but are also known as blockers of H2. They include, among others, ranitidine, cimetidine, nizatidine, and famotidine.
- The MUSE or Medigus Ultrasonic Surgical Endostapler is a comprehensive endoscopic device that incorporates the latest technological advances in the delivery of a patient-friendly option for GERD treatment, the Transoral Fundoplication procedure.
- The largest share was held by North America, with the major revenue share being contributed by the U.S. The rise in the region’s geriatric population, which is vulnerable to acid reflux and heartburn development, will drive demand for the market for gastroesophageal reflux disease drugs and devices.
- Key participants include Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca PLC, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Merck & CO., Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Eisai Co., Ltd., and Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc., among others.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global GERD Drugs and Devices Market on the basis of route of administration, drug type, device type, and region:
- Route Of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Drug Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- H2 Receptor Antagonist
- Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPIs)
- Device Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- MUSE –Medigus Ultrasonic Surgical Endostapler
- LINX Management System
- Stretta Therapy
- Bravo Reflux Testing System
- Digitrapper reflux testing system
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/gerd-drugs-and-devices-market