The global gallium nitride market is expected to be valued at USD 320.4 Million in 2027 from USD 69.3 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 20.8% through the forecast period. Gallium nitride (GaN) is a wide bandgap semiconductor that finds extensive usage in blue light-emitting diodes (LEDs), integrated circuits, and high-efficiency power transistors. The superior characteristics of gallium nitride, such as higher switching speed and robust resistance to extreme temperatures, make it the most suitable replacement for other conventional semiconductors. The use of GaN semiconductors significantly enhances the performance of specific electronic components. Moreover, gallium nitride offers numerous advantages over other semiconductor materials, such as Silicon, Aluminum, and Silicon Carbide.
Revenue from the global gallium nitride market is projected to register a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. The global market growth is mainly attributed to the extensive usage of gallium nitride in consumer electronic devices, the rapidly expanding consumer electronics industry, and the increasing use of gallium nitride in fast chargers for smart mobile devices, such as laptops, smartphones, and tablets. The rising demand for reduced power consumption for laptops and smartphones has prompted companies like Samsung, Anker, Lenovo, Belkin, and Oppo to mass-produce fast and highly efficient chargers. The GaN-based chargers offer up to three times faster charging than the silicon-based chargers. The growing usage of gallium nitride in RF power electronics, electric vehicle batteries, and optoelectronic devices is a significant factor inducing the growth of the global gallium nitride market.
Hence, the surging demand for RF semiconductor devices and LEDs across the automotive, aerospace, and military & defense industries is another key factor boosting the market growth. The increasing industrial applications of GaN, such as smart grid power systems, heavy industrial machinery and control systems, and electromechanical computer systems, high-voltage direct current (HVDC), and hybrid electric vehicles, create greater prospects for the global market growth in the future.
Grab Your Free Sample PDF Copy Now
Key Highlights of the Report:
- In terms of application, the optoelectronics sub-segment dominates the global gallium nitride market, accounting for the largest market share. The growing deployment of optoelectronic devices, such as LEDs, photodiodes, solar cells, and lasers, in the automotive sector, increasing demand for advanced consumer electronics, and the surging use of GaN in indoor and outdoor lighting solutions propel the growth of this segment.
- Among the key regional markets, the North American gallium nitride market is expected to account for the most significant revenue share over the projected period. Increasing applications of GaN semiconductors in the consumer electronics, automotive, aerospace, healthcare, and military & defense sectors of the region boost the growth of the market in North America.
- The leading market players include Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, DOWA Electronics Materials Co. Ltd., Infineon Technologies, American Elements, IQE PLC, Cree Inc., Soitec, Furukawa Co. Ltd., Kyma Technologies Inc., and Nitride Semiconductors Co. Ltd.
- In November 2020, Baseus, a renowned consumer electronics brand in Germany, introduced its all-new GaN series 120W charging heads. The high-power charging plugs are specifically designed for charging laptops of around 100W 20V/5A and are highly compatible with MacBook, HP, Dell, and Lenovo laptops.
Emergen Research has segmented the global gallium nitride market based on substrate type, application, distribution channel, and region:
By Substrate Type (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
By Application (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Radio Frequency Devices
- Wireless Infrastructure
- Military & Defense
- Satellite Communication
- Power Electronics
- Electric Vehicles
- Power Supply
- Wireless Power
- Envelope Tracking
- Servers & Data Centers
- Solar Photovoltaic Technology
By Distribution Channel (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
By Region (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/gallium-nitride-market