The Flat Panel Display Market is expected to reach US$ 177.3 billion by 2027, growing at a rapid 4 percent CAGR between 2022 and 2027.
LCD is becoming more popular because it uses less power than a cathode ray tube. Although energy consumption increases with screen size, it remains significantly less than that of cathode ray tubes. LCD manufacturers are introducing new technologies such as quantum dots that offer advantages over traditional LCDs. Quantum dot technology enables LCD to provide better color saturation, high image quality, and high brightness. For virtual reality, high-resolution LCDs are being developed. LCD demand is increasing in smartphones as manufacturers adopt LCD technology to meet the demand for high image quality and clarity.
Takeaways from the Flat Panel Display Market Study
- The LCD segment is expected to maintain a significant market share among all technology segments during the forecast period, as manufacturers introduce new technologies that offer improvements over traditional LCDs.
- Among all applications, the consumer electronics segment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR as flat panel displays in electronic devices gain a competitive advantage due to increased brightness, higher pixel support resolution, and lower power consumption.
- The flat panel display market in the Asia Pacific is growing at an impressive rate, as governments in countries such as China, India, and Japan are creating opportunities for flat panel display providers by developing education infrastructure and adopting flat panel displays for e-learning.
- AU Optronics Corp.
- Emerging Display Technologies Corp.
- Innolux Corp.
- Sharp Corporation
- Japan Display Inc.
- Universal Display Corporation
- LG Display Co. Ltd.