According to Future Market Insights, a market research, and competitive intelligence firm, sales of Fish Oil are expected to reach USD 12 billion by 2032, growing at a 6.0 percent compound annual growth rate.
Top fish oil firms are focusing on offering omega fish oil/omega-3 supplements in the global market as health supplements become more popular. Manufacturers are adding additional nutrients to their products as a result of the high degree of competition.
Because of the rising demand for fish oil from the pharmaceutical industry, major fish oil producers are concentrating their efforts on producing new products for the global market.
Aquaculture, animal nutrition and pet food, supplements and functional food, pharmaceuticals, and other businesses all require considerable amounts of omega-3 fatty acids. Furthermore, fish oil supports the healthy functioning of the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
Takeaways from the Market Research
- North America will continue to dominate the global market in 2021, with a market share of 1%.
- The ingredient’s potential for sports nutrition, as well as rising opportunities for highly personalized nutrition, are expected to boost China’s market.
- Australia presently holds 73.4 percent of the Oceania market, which is predicted to grow at an annual pace of 8.7% in the coming years.
- Fish oil is in high demand in India, which is one of the fastest-growing economies in South Asia.
- India’s fish oil demand is anticipated to be USD 37.7 million in 2021.
- Pharmaceutical-grade fish oil is expected to account for more than 48 percent of total sales in 2021.
With a variety of small and mid-sized enterprises actively engaged in product development and research, the fish oil sector is slightly fragmented, diversified, and competitive. Subsidiaries, commercial divisions, and research institutes backed by significant players in the fishmeal and fish oil sector have sprouted up in every region.
Omega Protein Corporation, FF Skagen A/S, Pesquera Diamante S.A., Copeinca AS, Marvesa Holding N.V., Pesquera Exalmar, Corpesca S.A., Colpex International, FMC Corporation, TripleNine Group A/S are some of the main firms that provide Fish Oil.