Are you planning to have a spectacular New Year celebration with your family in 2023? Why not immediately go to a town where you’ll see snow while reveling in the warmth of your friends and family? Shimla and Manali are two obvious choices, but why restrict yourself to well-known tourist destinations when you’ll have a wealth of choices? To make it easier for you, take a look at our list of the best places to see snow in India in 2023, and then sit back, in awe, as nature beams a “carpet of white” before you. Let’s see the top 5 sites in India to see in 2023.
Goa, India’s Party Capital
Goa is an exciting location in India for the New Year and Christmas celebrations due to its stunning beaches, delicious seafood, and lively nightlife. You won’t care about spending the entire night drinking cheap beer and being cooped up in the rhythm of trance music. It is possible to attend traditional Christmas celebrations in Goa by providing carols and singing at midnight mass at one of its churches.
- Important Attractions: Baga Beach, Varkala Beach, Anjuna Beach, Santa Cruz Church, Fort Aguada, and Dudhsagar Falls are just some of the beaches favored by Indian tourists.
- Activities: Visit antique stores and shop for trinkets, listen to music, attend night outs, and take a cruise, visit midnight mass at a church, participate in thrilling aquatic sports activities, enjoy delicious seafood and refreshing drinks, and more!
Enjoy tours, attractions, and staycation with Klook. Make your new year memories in 2023 with Klook. Avail of the Klook promo code and enjoy great savings on your next bookings.
Queen of Hills: Shimla
Would you like to visit Shimla, India, amid the snow at Christmastime? Next to Mall Road, you can sip tea at elegant eighteenth-century cafes and enjoy the various activities Shimla has to offer. Shimla’s hotels and resorts stage New Year’s Eve productions to draw a far-away group out from throughout India as it’s noted for getting one of the top Christmas destinations in India. You can’t miss the incredible amusement Shimla celebrates on New Year’s Eve. And Skyscanner is the best place to book your tickets for your flight journeys. Check out Skyscanner flight booking offers available at PaisaWapas to get more discounts on your flight bookings.
- Important Attractions: The Ridge, Hanuman Mandir Jakhoo, Viceregal Lodge & Botanical Gardens, Kali Bari Temple, Christ Church, and Humachal State Museum are the places that were mentioned to be explored.
- Activities: You can go on train rides, worship a god at Jakhu Temple, go shopping at Lakkar Bazaar, cycle, camp, and paraglide in Tattapani.
Pondicherry, a little French colony in India
A Christmas holiday trip to Pondicherry is the perfect choice if you’re looking for an excellent holiday destination in India. You can visit during the holiday season, when the weather is ideal. Pondicherry retains the charm of nightspots and tranquility because of its mild climate, beaches, and serene churches. New Year’s Eve celebrations in the city feature exciting processions and extravagant fireworks displays. We promise to you and your loved ones in this little French-speaking community that you will be overjoyed the entire time.
- Important Attractions: The Sacred Heart Basilica, Shri Aurbindo Ashram, Paradise Beach, Arulmigu Manakala Vinayagar Devsthanam, Auroville, and Puducherry Museum
- Activities: On a boat to Paradise Beach Island, go birdwatching at Ousti Lake, watch the sunset from Promenade Beach, go swimming at Paradise Beach, go to Auroville to meditate, and take a heritage walk through White Town.
Tip: Type your destination and dates to find great hotel deals with Booking.com. Browse top accommodation deals with booking.com offers.
Auli: The Ski Lovers’ Paradise
If you wish to celebrate Christmas and New Year’s amid pristine nature, go to Auli. This park provides adventurous activities, including skiing, hiking, and paragliding, as well as dramatic sights. You can also walk through grassy expanses and coniferous jungles to admire this natural wonder’s sublime aesthetic splendor. Strike the end of the season together with your loved ones by going to the snow, traveling, and eating a fun dinner to ring in the new year. Auli is surely one of the very best places in India for Christmas.
- Main Attractions: Gorson Bugyal, Auli Ropeway, Auli Artificial Lake, Joshimath, Chenab Lake, Narsingh Temple, and Auli Chair Lift
- Activities: Getting on a ski lift, traveling in a cable car, camping beneath a sky full of stars, hiking the Auli Gorson Trek, arriving at Chenab Lake, admiring Trishul Peak’s majesty, and visiting Nanda Devi National Park’s natural splendor can all be done when snow has fallen.
Kasol, Little Israel
Kasol makes an excellent destination during the holiday seasons due to its picturesque landscape and fantastic camping opportunities. That’s not all it offers, though. Along with great meals and camping, as well, it hosts some of India’s most highly rated music festivals as well as eventful New Year’s Eve celebrations.
- Important Attractions: Manikaran, Kasol Bridge, Nature Park Kasol, Kasol Temple, Parvathi Valley, Kheer Ganga Peak, and Tosh Village are all parts of the Chalal Trekking Trail.
- Activities: Exploring Kheerganga Trek and paying respects at Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara are among the many relaxing options on offer next to Lake Manikarnauca, while individuals can draw out their energy levels at Naggar Hot Springs and rivers.
From India, some of the planet’s most amazing places of interest can be found. There are a multitude of locations to see and have a good time on New Year’s Eve. So, you can select from a multitude of them. We have picked the best destinations to see New Year’s Eve in India. Check out the best places to visit and enjoy this wonderful holiday!