If you’ve ever been to a fancy event or attended an elegant soiree, you’ve probably noticed the gorgeous evening gowns. Whether they were floor-length or ankle-length, tailored or flowing, these stunning pieces of clothing tend to make heads turn. What is it about evening gowns that make them so special? Read on for the complete guide to understanding everything you need to know about evening gowns!
Different Types of Evening Gowns
There are many different types of evening gowns – and each one can be dressed up in a variety of ways depending on the occasion. Here are some of the most popular types:
- Ball Gown: This type of dress is usually floor-length and has a full skirt with a fitted bodice. It looks best with strapless necklines and puffed sleeves, but it can also be paired with other types of necklines and sleeves for a more unique look.
- Column/Sheath Dress: These dresses are typically form-fitting and have a straight cut from top to bottom. They look especially flattering on petite figures and come in many colors and materials.
- A-line Dress: The A-line dress is similar to the column dress except that it has a slightly flared skirt that creates an “A” shape when viewed from the side. It is very flattering on all body shapes and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.
- Empire waist Dress: The empire waist dress features an empire waistline which sits just below the bust line for extra definition. This type of dress looks best when paired with lightweight fabrics like chiffon or silk, but it can also be made out of heavier fabrics like velvet or brocade for more formal occasions.
- Halter Dress: The halter dress is one of the most popular styles for formal occasions as it accentuates the shoulders and back while providing extra coverage at the same time. It looks great with sleek silhouettes and minimal accessories for maximum impact!
Choosing the Right Color
Choosing the perfect evening gown can be daunting, especially when there are so many colors to choose from. From bright and bold reds, to classic black and navy hues, it can be difficult to decide which color is best. Don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Here’s a quick guide to help you choose the best color for your next evening gown.
Royal blue is a great choice if you want something classic yet eye-catching. It pairs well with a variety of accessories and looks especially beautiful in satin or velvet fabrics. For an added touch of elegance, go for royal blue with silver or gold accents. You can also mix and match different blues to create an ombre effect that will make you stand out on the red carpet.
Red is a timelessly glamorous shade that never fails to turn heads. It’s perfect for any special occasion and pairs well with all kinds of jewelry and accessories. If you want something more subtle, go for burgundy or deep maroon, while brighter shades like scarlet or cherry red will give off more of an edgy vibe.
Gold & Silver
When it comes to eveningwear, nothing says sophistication quite like gold or silver accents. Whether it’s shimmering sequins, gleaming beading, or delicate embroidery, these two colors always add a touch of glamour and class to any look. Add some gold or silver details to your favorite color for an extra dose of glitz and glamour!
Last but not least is classic black – no list would be complete without it! You can never go wrong with this timeless hue; it’s perfect for formal events such as weddings or charity galas and pairs well with almost any type of accessory. Plus, black is flattering on almost everyone so you can rest assured that you’ll look stunning in whatever style you choose!
Evening gowns are timeless pieces that can easily take you from day to night with just a few simple changes in accessories or hairstyle! Whether you’re looking for something classic or something more modern, there’s sure to be an evening gown out there that suits your style perfectly. From ball gowns to halter dresses, these beautiful pieces will make any woman feel like a glamorous movie star – no matter where she goes! So what are you waiting for? Start shopping around today and find your perfect evening gown!