The global eHealth market is expected to be valued at USD 314.55 Billion in 2027, from USD 61.99 Billion in 2019, registering a CAGR of 22.4% through the forecast period. The market is experiencing high demand over the last few years because of the rising proliferation of smartphones and the rapid emergence of various modern technologies in the healthcare industry. As a triumphant venture, digital health is attracting various industries and organizations apart from the healthcare domain.
The growing need to cut down healthcare costs, the rising government initiatives for supporting the eHealth usage, and the increasing cases of numerous chronic diseases coupled with a rapid shift towards patient-centric healthcare delivery are the major factors triggering demand in the sector for eHealth. Moreover, this advanced technology provides healthcare delivery at reasonable prices in developing and developed countries. The surging awareness regarding sedentary lifestyles and the growing several chronic disorders, including hypertension and diabetes, are further augmenting the demand in the industry.
Lack of effective communication between medical professionals and patients is the biggest challenge in the healthcare sector. eHealth apps aid in solving these issues. Providing point-of-care tools in the devices allows effective communication, improve overall patient outcomes, and better clinical decision-making.
Key Highlights from Report
- Electronic health records (EHR) are patient-centric records, storing patients’ information instantly as well as securely to the authorized users. EHR contains patient’s medical histories and plays a major role in patient care.
- Remote monitoring is mainly a telemedicine service, highly used in controlling medical performance, monitoring patient condition, and facilitating patient check-ups outside healthcare organizations. This type of medical care is possible with the help of a mobile device application that measures several vital signs.
- Hospitals segment showcased the largest industry share. This is because of the rising investment in the healthcare system and the growing incidence of infectious and chronic diseases.
- eHealth is the most popular, effective, and globally accepted advanced medical technology, aiding patients worldwide, especially in the region of Asia Pacific. Unchecked population growth in countries like India and China and the increasing geriatric population in several nations, including Singapore and Japan, are crucial factors influencing the regional market’s expansion.
- Major players in the sector are Allscripts, GE Healthcare, Cerner Corporation, IBM Corporation, Philips, Mckesson, Epic Systems, Medtronic, Inc., Optum, and Cisco Systems.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global eHealth Market on the basis of product and services, end-user, and region:
Product and Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- eHealth Solutions
- Electronic Health Records/Electronic Medical Records Solutions
- Picture Archiving and Communication Systems & Vendor Neutral Archive Systems (PACS & VNAS)
- Pharmacy Information Systems
- Medical Apps
- Laboratory Information Systems (LIS)
- Personal Health Record & Patient Portals
- Chronic Care Management Apps
- Clinical Decision Support Systems
- Telehealth Solutions
- Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE)
- Radiology Information Systems (RIS)
- E-Prescribing Solutions
- Cardiovascular Information Systems
- Other Specialty Information Management Systems
- eHealth Services
- Remote Monitoring Services
- Diagnosis & Consultation Services
- Database Management Services
- Treatment Services
- Healthcare System Strengthening Services
End-User Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Healthcare Payers
- Healthcare Consumers
- Healthcare Providers
- Home Healthcare Agencies, Nursing Homes, and Assisted Living Facilities
- Ambulatory Care Centers
- Other End-Users
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: