In developing nations like Indonesia, India, and China, modernization and incorporation of sustainable household furniture is expected to promote sales of eco-friendly furniture. During the forecast period, the worldwide eco-friendly furniture market would expand 1.8X. (2020- 2030). Consumer acceptance of eco-friendly furniture is mostly driven by advances in material science that boost product durability and recyclability.
Innovative business tactics, such as circular company models based on salvaged wood, supply the industry with much-needed strength. Industrial automation is being used by market participants to boost production. E-widespread commerce’s use in developing countries creates lucrative potential for eco-friendly furniture makers.
Eco-friendly Furniture Market: Key Takeaways
- Residential eco-friendly furniture applications dominate the market, accounting for almost 66 percent of the overall market value. Demand for this application area is driven by consumer trends that emphasise the purchase of environmentally friendly products, as well as market participants’ strong social media presence.
- With a solid 7% CAGR through 2030, commercial applications are the fastest growing application area. Environmentally friendly furniture is becoming more popular in commercial settings as a result of corporate social responsibility initiatives to lower office carbon footprints.
- With over 69 percent of total revenues, offline distribution channels have the biggest market value share. The usefulness and effectiveness of physical representation in furniture buying decisions can be linked to this. IKEA is an excellent example of the importance of offline distribution networks.
- Organizations’ reach is expanding as economies around the world digitise. As a result, online distribution channels have the most promising income potential, with a CAGR of 7.5 percent from 2020 to 2030.
- With more than 35% of the overall market value, Europe accounts for a significant portion of global sales. The region’s expansion is fueled by a focus on sustainable manufacturing and increased awareness of the dangers of indoor volatile organic compounds.
- During the projected period, South Asia and Oceania will propel the global eco-friendly furniture market at an amazing 8.6% CAGR. The growth of the eco-friendly furniture industry is dependent on investments in urban infrastructure development in Indonesia, Singapore, and Malaysia.
High-Growth Opportunities in South Asia & Oceania, Europe Leads Global Sales
With more than 35% of the overall market value, Europe emerges as the most important market for eco-friendly furniture. This can be linked to favourable legislative studies and policies that help manufacturers grow. Indoor VOC exposure, for example, is cited as a serious risk for respiratory disorders in a European Respiratory Review. Similarly, the Landfill Directive is updated on a regular basis to ensure that waste management legislation are up to current and effective in reducing pollution.
When combined with rising demand for environmentally friendly alternatives across all products and services, eco-friendly furniture sales will continue to grow at a healthy rate. Together, East Asia and South Asia & Oceania account for more than 36% of the entire market value. South Asia and Oceania have the most promising growth prospects, with an impressive 8.6% CAGR between 2020 and 2030.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample –