According to a recent study published by ESOMAR-certified company Future Market Insights, the global distributed antenna systems market is expected to secure US$ 29.7 billion while exhibiting a 9.5% CAGR from 2022 to 2032. The market is expected to be valued at US$ 12 billion by 2022.
Because of advancements in wireless communication technology, the distributed antenna market has seen tremendous growth in recent years. The main transmission and reception are transmission and reception. One of the major factors driving the growth of distributed antenna systems is the expansion of the telecom industry. The industry grew at a CAGR of 10.4% from 2015 to 2021, reaching US$ 10.8 billion.
- The global distributed antenna system market will grow 2.5 times by 2032.
- Based on component sales, distributed antenna hardware is expected to grow at a 9.7% CAGR.
- Cellular/commercial DAS will continue to be the leading technology, growing at a 9.2% CAGR.
- The United States will be an opportunistic distributed antenna system market, with a value CAGR of 8.6% by 2032. The United Kingdom will experience significant market expansion, with a value CAGR of 8.6%.
- China will be a significant investment hub, with a billion-dollar growth opportunity.
- Japan and South Korea will be key players in the global market, growing at a combined 19% CAGR.
American Tower Corporation, AT&T Inc., Bird Technologies, Boingo Wireless Inc., and Cobham Wireless are key players in the global Distributed antenna market.
Among the key developments among players are:
- The Hawaii Tourism Authority selected Boingo Wireless in June 2020 to design, build, operate, and maintain a neutral host cellular and public safety DAS network for the Hawaii Convention Center (HCC). The 10-year agreement will improve cellular coverage and capacity at the 1.1 million square foot facility and assist HCC in meeting the connectivity demands of the 5G era.
- SOLiD announced the release of edgeROU, a fiber-to-edge remote unit for the ALLIANCE DAS product family, in May 2020. SOLiD created edgeROU specifically to address the issues that mobile users face in buildings. EdgeROU, built on proven ALLIANCE technology, provides the seamless, anytime, anywhere service customers expect.