Data is one of the most critical assets of any business today. The continuous integrity and availability of business data can be the difference between sustainable growth and total failure. Thus, reliable data protection should be a top priority for any organisation that seeks continuity. That’s where NAKIVO comes in.
NAKIVO is a US-based corporation that offers the ultimate data protection solution for physical, virtual, cloud, and SaaS environments. One of the fastest-growing backup and disaster recovery software vendors in the market, NAKIVO boasts 22 consecutive quarters of double-digit growth, alongside 98% customer satisfaction with superior technical support. Over 20,000 customers worldwide trust NAKIVO with protecting their critical data, including leading brands such as Coca-Cola, Honda, Siemens, and CISCO. The Winner of a “Best of VMworld 2018” Gold Award for data protection, NAKIVO has an extraordinary track record of 5-star community reviews and continues to exceed their customers’ expectations.
NAKIVO’s leading solution, NAKIVO Backup & Replication, combines a comprehensive feature set with affordability and ease of use to offer maximum data protection with minimal effort. The solution’s extensive functionality provides outstanding backup performance, optimises resource usage, and ensures uninterrupted data availability, even during critical incidents. Here is an overview of the key features in NAKIVO Backup & Replication.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication uses compression, deduplication, log file truncation, and block change tracking technologies to save storage space without compromising backup quality. You can choose to store backups locally, on tape, or in any cloud that supports running VMs or instances to ensure critical data is accessible and recoverable at all times. NAKIVO Backup & Replication allows you to create application-aware incremental backups of VMware, Hyper-V, Nutanix AHV VMs; Windows- and Linux-based physical machines; Microsoft 365 data; and Oracle databases.
Instant Data Recovery
You can achieve instant data recovery using NAKIVO Backup & Replication, which supports full and granular recovery options for backup data. With Flash VM Boot, you can recover a full VMware or Hyper-V VM by running it directly from the backup with a few clicks, saving time in a disaster situation. Another option is using instant granular recovery to quickly recover individual files or folders to their original location, or to any other location of your choosing. The solution makes it possible to instantly recover individual Microsoft 365 objects, such as Exchange emails, Active Directory users, and SQL databases, directly from deduplicated backups. NAKIVO Backup & Replication also enables you to easily recover data across different platforms as well as from physical to virtual environments.
Hardened Ransomware Protection
With NAKIVO Backup & Replication, you can make backup data immutable for as long as you need. This helps prevent ransomware from encrypting your data and saves you the pain of dealing with potential ransomware attacks on your business. You can make backups and backup copies sent to Amazon S3 buckets Linux-based local repositories immutable for a specified period to ensure they’re protected from ransomware. It’s also possible to deploy NAKIVO Backup & Replication as a pre-configured virtual appliance running on Ubuntu Server and enable immutability for backups and backup copies sent to a repository deployed as part of the VA.
VM Replication: NAKIVO Backup & Replication provides a fast, reliable way to replicate virtual machines to a remote location to ensure reliable protection and a near-instant recovery of your virtual environment. When disaster strikes, simply power on the replicas and have your VMs up and running in no time. You can easily replicate VMs directly from backups to reduce the load on the host, free up valuable resources, and save time. And to ensure recoverability, you can instantly verify your VM replicas and get a report with screenshots of test-recovered machines.
Site Recovery: The solution allows you to achieve continuous delivery of IT services, even in the event of significant disasters. The built-in Site Recovery functionality allows you to create disaster recovery workflows and perform scheduled non-disruptive recovery testing, planned failover, emergency failover, failback, and datacenter migration with one click.
Application Support: To ensure data consistency, NAKIVO Backup & Replication includes support for Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, SQL, Oracle, and SharePoint along with other applications and databases.
Ultimate Data Protection
In addition to its extensive backup features, NAKIVO Backup & Replication includes performance-boosting tools that reduce backup administration time. The solution is:
- Supports multiple deployment options, including installation on Linux, Windows, and NAS (such as Synology and QNAP), or deployed as a VA
- Supports various media for backup storage, from physical tape to cloud storage
- Highly scalable to meet individual business needs
- Supports Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, and other applications that run inside backed-up or replicated machines
- Provides instant post-job verification to ensure healthy backups and replicas
- Direct Backup to Cloud (Amazon S3, Wasabi, Azure) and S3 Object Lock support for ransomware-proof backups; native backup to tape
- Performance-boosting features: Global Deduplication, Network Acceleration, LAN-free transfer, and more
- Automation and orchestration of disaster recovery activities with Site Recovery – out-of-the-box, at no extra cost
Easy to use
- Comes with a simple and intuitive web interface that facilitates data protection management from any location
- Features a calendar dashboard to simplify job scheduling and avoid resource overload
- The built-in Global Search feature allows you to instantly retrieve VMs, objects, jobs, and more. You can then choose to filter results, get more information, and perform bulk operations
- Offers a range of editions to meet various budgets and feature requirements
- Subscription-based and perpetual license options
Who Should Use the Solution?
NAKIVO Backup & Replication helps SMBs and large enterprises protect critical data from loss due to natural disasters, human error, malicious attacks, and everything in between. The solution covers the following platforms:
- Virtual: VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V and Nutanix AHV
- Physical: Windows and Linux servers and workstations
- Cloud: Built-in Amazon EC2 support
- SaaS: Microsoft Office 365 applications and services
- Oracle databases
The solution also provides a simple way to deliver data protection and disaster recovery as a service while maintaining centralised visibility of all workloads with the following features:
- Self-Service Portal
- Tenant Resource Allocation
- Direct Connect for MSPs
Want to know more about NAKIVO Backup & Replication data protection capabilities? Visit the NAKIVO website.