The global collagen peptides market size is expected to reach USD 913.1 Million in 2028 at a CAGR of 5.1% during the forecast period. Rising inclination towards healthy lifestyle and increasing usage of collagen peptides in a broad spectrum of nutritional products, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals are key factors contributing to steady revenue growth of the market. Collagen peptide is a major protein source and plays a pivotal role in healthy nutrition. Increasing awareness among consumers regarding the advantages of collagen peptides and rising focus on improving protein intake are some other key factors driving demand for collagen peptides.
Collagen peptides confer numerous health benefits such as reduction in muscle soreness, alleviating joint conditions and minimizing bone loss, enhancing muscle growth, and potentially reducing anxiety and improving mood. Collagen peptides also help in strengthening skin by promoting production of hyaluronic acid and collagen. Rising awareness among consumers regarding the benefits of collagen peptides in cosmetics has increased usage of collagen peptides in various personal care products, which is expected to drive revenue growth of the market over the forecast period. Due to a broad spectrum of application and benefits, collagen peptides have found extensive usage as a core ingredient in the food & beverages industry, and this trend is expected to be prevalent and is projected to drive market growth going ahead.
Some Key Highlights from the Report:
- Bovine segment revenue is expected to expand at a significantly rapid rate during the forecast period owing to its increased availability and various health benefits. Increasing demand for bovine collagen from the healthcare industry due to its health benefits, such as maintaining the structure and function of skin, bones, muscles, tendons, blood vessels, and other vital organs, is expected to further drive growth of this segment during the forecast period.
- The dry form segment is expected to register a significantly high revenue CAGR during the forecast period, attributable to a high demand for dry powder form of collagen peptide owing to its enhanced solubility and ability to mix easily with no alterations to texture.
- The nutritional products segment accounted for a significant revenue share in 2020 and is expected to register a steady CAGR over the forecast period. Growth of this segment can be attributed to increasing demand for health-enhancing food items, rising usage of collagen peptides in drinks and juices, and overall health benefits of collagen peptides.
- North America accounted for largest revenue share in 2020, attributable to rising usage of collagen peptides in supplements due to multiple functional properties such as managing arthritis, decreasing muscle soreness to an extent, improving bone health, and relieving certain skin conditions. Increasing awareness and incorporation of collagen peptides and other collagen-based products in diet plans for improved health and nutrition by consumers in the U.S. and Canada are some of the key factors expected to fuel the demand for collagen-based supplements, in turn, driving market growth.
- Prominent players of the market include Gelita AG, Tessenderlo Group, Holista Colltech, Darling Ingredients, Nitta Gelatin, Amicogen Inc., Ewald-Gelatine, Nippi Inc., Weishardt, and Vital Proteins.
- In January 2021, Nitta Gelatin, which is a leading manufacturer of gelatin in India, introduced premium gelatin manufactured with Japanese technology under hygiene rules set by European Regulation (EC) in the hotel, restaurant, and café (HoReCa) category. The premium gelatin will enable food and beverage producers to make numerous desserts and frozen sweets among others at international standards.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global collagen peptides market on the basis of source, form, application, and region:
Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Marine & Poultry
Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Nutritional Products
- Food & Beverage
- Cosmetics & Personal Care Products
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/collagen-peptides-market