Growing requirements for optimized spectrum utilization is one of the major factors driving global cognitive radio market revenue growth
Cognitive Radio Market Size – USD 5.65 Billion in 2020, Market Growth – at a CAGR of 16.4%, Market Trends – Rapid development of telecommunication sector in developing countries
The global Cognitive Radio Market size is expected to reach USD 19.16 Billion in 2028 and register a CAGR of 16.4% over the forecast period, according to the latest report by Reports and Data. Some of the key factors driving market revenue growth include increasing penetration of 5G technology, and rising number of requirements for optimized spectrum utilization. Major function of cognitive radio is to search an unutilized spectrum and change transmission parameters accordingly in order to allow multiple wireless communication to function simultaneously in a single location without any issues. Other functions of cognitive radio are spectrum sensing, spectrum analysis, spectrum allocation, location tracking, and cognitive routing. Spectrum sensing is a method of periodically sensing a specific frequency band to detect presence and absence of primary and licensed users.
Increasing adoption of and dependency on various advanced technologies such as IoT (Internet of Things) and IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), coupled with rising need for cognitive radio for detecting vacate or available channels and enable smooth functioning without any interference are some of the other major factors expected to drive revenue growth of the global cognitive radio market. In addition, rising trends of Bring Your Own Device culture in various organizations and WFH (Work from Home) is a factor expected to result in higher need for cognitive radio technology in the upcoming years.
Cognitive radio technology infrastructure consists of software tools, hardware, and services. Software tools segment includes radio control & reconfiguration tools, spectrum analyzer, and policy & configuration database managing tools. Software tools segment accounted for largest revenue share in the global market in 2020. This can be attributed to increasing installation of radio control and reconfiguration tools, and growing requirements of software to integrate various components with radio communication systems.
Companies profiled in the global market report include BAE Systems, Raytheon Company, Thales Group, Rhode & Schwarz, Spectrum Signal Processing, xG Technology, Nutaq, Ettus Research, Shared Spectrum Company, and DataSoft.
Some Key Highlights From the Report:
- In March 2020, Keysight Technologies launched Keysight N9021B MXA X-series signal analyzer. It provides frequency sweep algorithm and radio frequency (RF) and millimeter-wave (mmWave) analysis that allows engineers to overcome challenges in detecting signals at higher frequencies.
- Among the end-use segments, government and defense segment accounted for majority revenue share in the global market in 2020. This can be attributed to increasing investments in technological development for optimizing signals, and rising demand for uninterrupted wireless communication in the government and defense sector.
- Asia Pacific market is expected to register a relatively faster revenue CAGR over the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing industrialization, development of telecommunication sector.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global cognitive radio market based on component, application, end-use, and region:
Download Report Summary Of Cognitive Radio Market Outlook : https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-summary-form/1121
Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Software Tools
- Radio Control & Reconfiguration Tools
- Spectrum Analyzer
- Policy & Configuration Database Manager
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Spectrum Sensing
- Spectrum Analysis
- Spectrum Allocation
- Location Tracking
- Cognitive Routing
End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Government and Defense
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa