The market for coating additives was valued at US$ 8 billion in 2020, according to Fact.MR’s consumption analysis, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% to reach US$ 11 billion by 2031. During the forecast period of 2021 to 2031, demand for waterborne coating additives is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.5 percent. Smart coatings are expected to become more popular as a result of their multifunctional benefits, which include anti-fouling, anti-corrosion, and anti-microbial properties, among others. Smart coatings offer protective and decorative properties as well as self-healing properties, which boosts demand for coating additives.
The aerospace industry’s transformation and rising aircraft deliveries will drive up demand for coating additives in the coming years. Multifunctional additives have revolutionized the coatings industry.
Key Segments in Coating Additives Industry Research
- Acrylic-based Coating Additives
- Urethane Coating Additives
- Metallic Coating Additives
- Fluoropolymer Coating Additives
- Rheology Modifiers
- Wetting Agents
- Anti-Foaming Coating Additives
- Defoaming Coating Additives
- Waterborne Coating Additives
- Solvent-based Coating Additives
- Powder Coating Additives
- High Solids Coating Additives
- UV Cure Coating Additives
- Radiation Curable Coatings
- Solvent-borne Coatings
- Solvent Less Coatings
- Architectural Coating Additives
- Automotive Coating Additives
- Wood & Furniture Coating Additives
- Industrial Coating Additives
To meet the growing demand for functional additives, leading coating additive manufacturers are developing new products and expanding their geographic reach. In the coming years, sales of anti-foaming coating additives, bio-based coating additives, and fluoropolymer coating additives are expected to grow.
To have a strong presence in the global market, they are also entering into long-term supply contracts with raw material suppliers and end-users. The following are some of the most recent significant market developments:
Strode PK-86NV specialty phosphate ester surfactant for waterborne architectural coatings was added to Ashland Inc.’s dynamic product portfolio for waterborne architectural coatings in 2019.
Get a Sample Copy (Including Full TOC, Table & Figures)