Increasing usage of coated glass in the automotive industry and in building and construction applications are some key factors driving revenue growth of the market
The global coated glass market size is expected to reach USD 60.11 Billion in 2028 and register a revenue CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period, according to a latest report by Reports and Data. Increasing usage of coated glass in the automotive industry is among some of the key factors expected to drive market revenue growth to a significant extent during the forecast period. Lightweight and scratch resistant properties offered by coated glass is boosting its usage in the automotive industry. Extensive usage for vehicle windshields as high-tech coated glass improves thermal comfort inside cars, and this is projected to boost revenue growth of the market. Solar control glass improves fuel efficiency and lowers carbon dioxide emissions by reducing Air Conditioner (AC) use by 10 to 15%. This helps in minimizing electricity load for ACs and saves on fuel costs. Moreover, solar coated windshield absorbs Infrared (IR) rays that cause heating, and enables maintenance of low interior temperature in vehicles, which increases cabin comfort. Preference for low-E coated glass among building contractors, architects, and façade managers has been increasing significantly owing to benefits such as reducing solar heat gain coefficient, providing optimum visible light transmittance, reducing UV rays that cause fading, and enables maintaining cool temperature and provides insulating benefits.
Major players in the market report include Compagnie de Saint-Gobain S.A., AGC Inc., Guardian Industries, PPG Industries, Inc., Cardinal Glass Industries Inc., Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd., Central Glass Co., Ltd., China Glass Holdings Limited, Sisecam Group, and Schott AG.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- In June 2021, Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd. (NSG Group) announced the launch of NSG Purity, which is a glass coated with unique Sol-gel technology. Growing interest in antiviral materials in the backdrop of the global COVID-19 pandemic led to development of antibacterial and antiviral coated glass. The two products named NSG Purity were certified by the Society of International Sustaining Growth for Antimicrobial Articles (SIAA) in Japan in June 2021. The product demonstrates high transparency and durability, which makes it a desirable glass coating option for surfaces that persons do not touch, and surfaces that are required to be compulsorily hygienic. The potential application of NSG Purity include Automated Teller Machines (ATMs), touch screens of cash registers, medical equipment, elevators and appliances used in the public places and at home.
- Soft coated segment revenue is expected to register a rapid growth rate over the forecast period. High visible light transmission and ultra-low emissivity, which gains optimum U-values in colder regions and up to 70% less UV transmission compared to standard clear glazing offered by soft coated glass is expected to boost its utilization in the construction sector.
- Windows segment is expected to register a significant revenue growth over the forecast period. Rising emphasis on energy saving buildings owing to increasing energy bills is boosting the application of coated glass on the windows. Low-E windows help in reflecting heat and thereby improve thermal performance of windows by protecting the interiors of a structure from harmful UV rays. Although it still allows natural light to penetrate.
- Construction segment revenue is expected to expand significantly over the forecast period. Availability of tax incentives for energy efficient upgrades in commercial buildings and increasing development of green structures are expected to increase the sales of coated glass in the construction industry.
- The market in Asia Pacific region is expected to register steady revenue CAGR over the forecast period. Rapid urbanization in developing countries has resulted in the increasing construction of energy efficient commercial and residential building structures thereby leading to boosting sales of coated glass in the region.
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the global coated glass market based on product type, application, end use industry, and region:
- Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Low-E glass
- Solar control panel
- Hard Coated
- Soft Coated
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- End Use Industry Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- Sports & Leisure
- Aerospace & Defense
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018-2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- North America
View Full Report Description with Table of Content @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/coated-glass-market