According to a recent Fact.MR analysis on the worldwide cloud computing market, the sector is predicted to reach US$ 1,949 Bn in value by 2032 while growing at a CAGR of 15% from 2022 to 2032. Prospects are being further expanded by the quick digitization of workplaces and the rising demand for SaaS-based solutions.
Cloud computing solution sales grew at a CAGR of 12% from 2015 to 2021. The spread of COVID-19 and the subsequent issuance of policies allowing employees to work from home further influenced the use of cloud computing. For instance, the growing demand for collaboration tools led to an increase in Microsoft Team platforms to 44 million. The market has also been significantly influenced by the rising use of platforms like Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime.
Their organizations are eager to take advantage of the most affordable yet highly effective information storage and assimilation capabilities as business activities continue to develop. Due to the widespread reliance on IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS-based solutions, the market for cloud computing is growing significantly.
Important conclusions from the market study
- In 2022, the global market for cloud computing is expected to reach US$482 billion.
- North America will account for 40% of worldwide revenue from cloud computing solutions.
- Regarding cloud computing solutions, Asia Pacific is expected to have a CAGR of 18%.
- In 2022, major firms will generate 55% of total income.
- The BFSI sector would benefit most from cloud computing, accounting for one-fourth of global sales.
The participants in the global cloud computing market use a variety of tactics to gain prominence and strengthen their influence on the industry. Recent changes among the major players include:
- The Advertising Accelerator with Watson was introduced in January 2020 by the IBM Corporation. It is a prediction solution that makes use of AI and aids Watson by offering campaigns that may help marketers and advertisers understand the behavior of their target audience.
- For regulated and unregulated industries, IBM announced in February 2022 that it would collaborate with SAP to offer clients technologies that would enable them to adopt a hybrid cloud strategy and migrate mission-critical workloads from SAP systems to the cloud.
- Microsoft Corporation announced its collaboration with ZEISS Group in October 2020 to provide patients with advanced treatment and enhance manufacturing quality through data solutions. To provide digital experiences to its German equivalent, the ZEISS Group adopted Microsoft Azure as its cloud platform, according to the collaboration.
How does the presence of well-established players support the growth of the North American cloud computing market?
It is anticipated that the North American market will dominate the global market. According to the estimate, the area will have roughly 40% of the world’s revenue share in 2022.
Early adopters of cloud computing technologies like big data analytics, IoT, additive manufacturing, AI, VR, AR, and ML include well-known international companies like Microsoft, Oracle, and Amazon. This has considerably increased the market in the region.