Case Management Software (CMS) Market to Surpass US$ 16.4 Bn by 2032 Amid Growing Adoption of Centralized Data Management
The worldwide case management software (CMS) market is expected to reach US$ 6.7 billion in 2022, with sales increasing at a 9.2 percent compound annual growth rate (CAGR) throughout the forecast period.
According to FMI, sales of CMS are being driven by fast technical breakthroughs and the introduction of Big Data, artificial intelligence (AI), cloud computing, machine learning (ML), and automation. These technologies have proven critical in increasing economic competitiveness and, as a result, market expansion.
The key areas that use case management solutions to handle corporate operations include healthcare, insurance, legal, banking, and social services. Case management technology is increasingly revolutionizing the industry due to developments in software, hardware, and communication technology. Industries like BFSI and healthcare may save money and time by using CMS to manage papers.
Case management software is being used by businesses to improve communication, decentralize teams, and improve cooperation. CMS improves decision-making by capturing and storing data, allowing businesses to optimize and automate their operations.
- By deployment mode, the on-premises segment is anticipated to account for 52.5% of the global case management software market by 2032.
- Based on business function, total sales in the service request segment will hold 32.6% of the total market share over the forecast period.
- In terms of enterprise size, the small & mid-sized enterprises segment will expand at an 11% CAGR through 2032.
- By industry, the adoption of case management software in the healthcare sector will grow by 2.6x over the forecast period.
- Sales in the China CMS market will increase at a 7.1% CAGR over the assessment period.
- The U.K. will dominate the Europe case management software market, with demand growth at a 7.9% CAGR through 2032.
Competition Landscape counselor
Some of the leading players in the global case management software market include IBM, Athena Software, Needles, KANA, Social Solutions, Themis Solutions (Clio), AbacusLaw, MyCase, Smokeball, SmartAdvocate, Jarvis Legal, Anaqua, LegalEdge, HoudiniEsq, CosmoLex, Rocket Matter, Actionstep, Firm Central, Prevail, and counselor.
According to FMI, the top five companies in the industry will account for almost 30% of the total market share throughout the projection period.
More Valuable Insights on Case Management Software Market
The case management software market research report from FMI is divided into five major sections: business function (service request, fraud detection and anti-money laundering, incident management, investigation management, legal workflow management), deployment model (cloud-based CMS, on-premises CMS), enterprise size (small & mid-sized enterprises, large enterprises), industry (IT & Telecom, retail, government, healthcare, BFSI, manufacturing, others), and region (North America, Europe, and Asia).