The internet of things (IoT) is revolutionising a wide range of industries these days, and education is no exception. Traditionally, learning was limited to conferencing, classrooms, and web tutorials; however, with the introduction of IoT in education, this trend has begun to shift, and for the better.
On the back of growing adoption of IoT-enabled devices in classrooms, which help educational institutions function more efficiently, the demand for IoT in education continues to grow by leaps and bounds. With the adoption of IoT in education, educational institutions are increasingly streamlining day-to-day operations. IoT in education allows educators to focus more on actual teaching activities, while IoT-enabled devices detect student presence automatically, eliminating the need for attendance.
IoT in Education Market- Notable Developments
Some of the leading players operating in IoT in education market are Google, Hitachi Ltd., Amazon Web Services, IBM Corporation, Microsoft, Promethean Inc., SAP SE, Huawei, Educomp Solutions, Pearson PLC, Arm, Cisco Systems Inc., Unit4, Smart Technologies, Tata Interactive Systems, and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- In October 2018, Intel introduced a novel product named Intel Tech Learning to cater to the growing needs of educators via IoT. Intel Tech Learning enables dynamic and effective classroom experiences, while adding to the knowledge of students.
- In November 2018, the cloud division of Huawei started a new blockchain service for its global users. Now, Huawei Cloud is aiming at the development of its blockchain platform to provide notable advantages, such as robust security, flexibility, cost-effective, and efficiency for academic institutions.
- In October 2018, Samsung extended its business by providing its smart technology and services for better education in Latin America. The firm spread awareness related to smart education in 8 Latin American countries.
IoT in Education Market – Segmentation
The IoT in education market can be bifurcated on the basis of:
- Learning management solutions
- Big Data analytics
- Academic devices
- Lecture capturing solutions
Increasing Adoption to Boost Efficiency and Underpin Gains
IoT in the education market significantly reduces the time and effort required to complete such activities by streamlining the day-to-day activities of educational institutions. IoT devices’ ability to minutely monitor the energy usage of educational institutions to aid in reducing energy costs, as well as their ability to improve a wide range of administrative jobs such as manual fee submission and attendance recording, among others, continue to bring hefty traction for IoT in the education market. Because of its exceptional ability to streamline the education system by making the learning process efficient and quick, educational institutions are increasingly investing in IoT in education.
To Understand How Our Report Can Bring Difference to Your Business Strategy, Ask for a Sample Report – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=3073