The market for broad ion beam technology is anticipated to reach US$ 628.4 Mn by the end of 2032, with sales rising at a CAGR of 8.4%.
Numerous advantages of broad ion beam technology include process reproducibility, high flexibility, excellent surface quality, and little optical loss and scattering. Due to this, broad ion beam technology use is anticipated to increase in the semiconductor and material science industries, fueling the market’s expansion.
In the biological industry, broad ion beam technology sales are also anticipated to rise due to the increased demand for site-specific analysis, material deposition, and surgical ablation.
In addition, it is anticipated that increased demand for fuel efficiency and increased speed in electrostatic space propulsion would drive the deployment of broad beam ion sources or ion thrusters, opening up the attractive potential for market expansion.
The usage of low-energy noble gas ion beams, such as helium and argon, is expected to rise in response to the increasing demand for minimal physical spluttering and compound deposition in reactive etching. In the upcoming years, sales are anticipated to increase as a result.
Additionally, by employing ion-beam-induced doping and defect formation, it is possible to modify the chemical, electrical, and nanotube length properties. The demand for broad ion beam technology in nanomachining is anticipated to increase as a result.
In addition, broad ion beam technology is being used in the microelectromechanical systems, photovoltaic solar cells, and semiconductor sectors for the deposition of thin films, multilayer films, and optical multilayers. Sales are anticipated to rise over the projection period as a result of this.
- The deposition segment is predicted to increase at a CAGR of 9.9% throughout the projection period, depending on the application.
- The optics category is anticipated to dominate the market in terms of end use, growing at a CAGR of 9.8% through 2032.
- Due to the growing use of broad beam ion technology in the electronics and semiconductor industries in the U.S., North America is expected to control the market.
- Over the projection period, China is anticipated to dominate the Asia Pacific market with sales growing at a 9.5% CAGR.
The broad ion beam technology industry was dominated by North America. The market in North America is anticipated to expand as a result of developments in technology in the electronics and semiconductor industry, the introduction of new products by key players in the focused ion beam ecosystem, and a rise in the demand for broad ion beam technology among numerous universities and research institutions.
Because a significant number of American businesses are engaged in the manufacture of focused ion beam systems, the American market is most likely to experience growth over the forecast period.
To increase sales, key manufacturers profiled in the broad ion beam technology are working to improve the technology by adding features like minimal optical losses, good surface quality, and maximum flexibility.
To expand their worldwide reach, several of the leading businesses are also using inorganic techniques like mergers, joint ventures, and alliances.
- Transmission electron microscopy-related technologies business INTEGRATED DYNAMIC ELECTRON SOLUTIONS, INC. was purchased by JEOL Ltd. in January 2020.
- The Thermo Scientific Phenom ParticleX desktop Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) solution was introduced in September 2019 by Thermo Fisher Scientific. It is intended to give additive manufacturing facilities and automotive suppliers improved quality control analysis of materials used in research and production.
Broad Ion Beam Technology Market Key Players: Meyer Burger, 4Wave Inc, Veeco Instruments Inc, Scia Systems GmbH, Oxford Instruments