According to Emergent Research’s most recent analysis, the global market for biobetters had a value of USD 27.37 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow at a 30.7% CAGR. The market revenue growth is driven by a longer product half-life, which is the period it takes for a quantity of a biobetter product to be reduced to half of its initial value and it has a lower dosage frequency than a biosimilar product.
The benefits of Biobetters, such as their superior therapeutic efficacy, reduced side effects, simpler and less expensive manufacturing processes, lack of patent protection and market exclusivity, longer product half-life, lower frequency of dosing, and accessibility to lucrative investment opportunities, are the main factors driving the market for biobetters. Approximately 110 billion dollars worth of biopharmaceuticals are anticipated to be off patent by 2020, and they make up close to one-third of the pharmaceutical industry.
Chemical alterations, protein fusions, altered amino acid sequences, or humanization of the glycosylation pattern all result in the creation of a bio better. The primary advantages of biobetters are their longer-lasting effects on the target, usually at lower doses and with fewer adverse effects. Customers are drawn to biobetters in the market for biological products due to their distinctive portfolio of biobetters’ quality, safety, and clinical performance.
The CDC estimates that over 100 million adults in the United States have diabetes or prediabetes. The International Diabetes Federation estimates that 463 million people worldwide have diabetes as of 2019; by 2030, that number is projected to rise to 578 million. Diabetes-related medical costs are anticipated to increase from USD 760 billion in 2019 to USD 825 billion in 2030. The number of diabetics has also been rising as a result of an aging population and the adoption of new lifestyles. The market for insulin biobetters is predicted to expand significantly globally over the forecast period due to the rising prevalence of diabetes.
For major corporations to have a significant presence in the biobetters sthroughoutector, planned mergers and acquisitions have become an essential strategy. Top firms are expanding their product lines to keep their hegemony in developed markets. Competitors and investors in the biobetters sector are always working to improve their models of the protein-ligand complex to obtain a competitive edge. To create better biobetters, biopharmaceutical companies are searching for novel approaches to evaluating complex structures. In recent years, the biobetters business has developed a variety of biophysical and biochemical methodologies, significantly boosting the market’s growth.
Some Key Highlights From the Report
- Revenue for the erythropoietin biobetters segment is anticipated to increase quickly over the projected period. By extending the lifespan of erythroid progenitor cells and promoting their differentiation and proliferation by binding to the EPO receptor, erythropoietin biobetters contribute to the growth of red blood cells (EpoR). Additionally, it encourages bone marrow stem cells to increase red blood cell synthesis, driving the segment’s revenue growth.
- Revenue from the cancer category is anticipated to expand quickly throughout the projection period. According to the Quality-by-Design (QbD) principles, novel new products have been created to lessen side effects while enhancing patient survival. For instance, L-asparaginase (ASNase) is a crucial component of the first-line treatment for the lethal blood malignancy acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL). The capacity of ASNase to prevent solid tumor metastasis has also been established, and this is what is causing the segment’s revenue to increase.
- Revenue for the subcutaneous sector is anticipated to increase quickly over the projected period. Subcutaneous injections are administered to the subcutaneous tissue’s fatty layer just beneath the skin. Due to the lack of blood vessels in subcutaneous tissue, the injected biobetters spread steadily and slowly. Therefore, it is perfect for administering insulin biobetters, growth hormones, and vaccines, which require delivery in a continuous stream at a low dose rate.
- Revenue in the area of online pharmacies is anticipated to increase quickly throughout the forecast period. The scarcity of oncology nutrition medications in retail pharmacies and hospitals causes issues for consumers. Online pharmacies offer a sizable network and make all medications easily accessible, which is propelling the segment’s revenue growth.
- The North American biobetters market had the greatest revenue share in 2021. This is because chronic diseases are more common and there is better access to healthcare infrastructure, which is fueling market revenue growth in the area.
- Amgen Inc. Novo Nordisk A/S, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Marck KGaA, Sanofi, Genentech, Inc. Eli Lily and Company, Biogen, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., and CSL Behring are a few of the companies mentioned in the global market study.
- On July 20, 2021, Sorrento Therapeutics announced that its Chinese partner Mabpharm Ltd. had received approval for its new medicine application for the infliximab bio better antibody. The infliximab bio better antibody, which Sorrento can now produce in China, has exclusive commercial rights outside of China. Sorrento intends to submit a Biologics License Application (BLA) in the US and Europe for this product. The efficacy of this specific antibody has also been demonstrated in six autoimmune diseases and inflammatory indications.
Grab Your Free Sample Copy@ Biobetters Market
Emergen Research has segmented the global biobetters market based on component, drug class, application, route of administration, distribution channel, and region:
- Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- Erythropoietin Biobetters
- Insulin Biobetters
- G-CSF Biobetters
- Monoclonal Antibodies Biobetters
- Anti-hemophilic Factor
- Other Biological Drug Biobetters
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- Renal Disease
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Genetic Disorders
- Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019–2030)
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2019–2030)
- North America
- THE US
- the UK
- Rest of Europe
- the Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- North America