The fast development of the world is difficult to imagine without the influence of sophisticated technologies. The ever-increasing power of digital money has dramatically changed how the world evolves. The modern world does not accept any limitations, and online banking and international trading are exceptions. The urge to interact with foreign investors has given birth to digital values, called cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrency is an online value that can be transferred into a real one anytime you want. However, unlike real values, cryptocurrencies are monitored in a decentralized way. In other words, there is no single company or organization that is responsible for those digital currencies. Most cryptocurrencies are based on blockchain technology. This means that each transaction done through cryptocurrency aggregators makes up a single block, which is visible to all the platform users. However, the anonymity of the parties is highly guaranteed.
Nowadays, any investor may find hundreds of cryptocurrencies, like Bitcoin, Ethereum, Stellar Lumens, etc. If there are cryptocurrencies, there are supposed to be cryptocurrency aggregators to conduct exchanges from one currency to another. Alligat0r is a shining example of a platform for making such exchanges.
How Does Crypto Exchange Function?
Crypto exchange platforms aim to transfer real assets into digital money. They also serve as a tool to complete the interactions between two parties. There are two types of crypto exchange aggregators; centralized and decentralized. Centralized aggregators are third parties and a buyer and a seller; they help those two parties interact and make transactions. Almost 99% of all the transactions done through these platforms go through a centralized overview. However, this type of platform has its benefits and flaws.
- User-friendly: Centralized platforms offer beginners not complicated ways of trading with the help of their features. In contrast to decentralized ones, the users of such platforms may view their accounts, follow their transactions and make deals through various applications and websites. This is an attractive feature, especially for new crypto users.
- Reliable. When it comes to security, centralized platforms take all the necessary measurements to keep the anonymity of the parties. In addition, they are far more comfortable than the other type.
- High risk of hacking. Since the information is stored on the database, hackers may take all the possible steps to steal it. This makes them an attractive target for thieves and hackers to attack the platform.
- High transaction fees. The comfort and ease of use are surely connected with higher transaction fees. The amount is higher when you try to trade using a large amount of money.
Decentralized exchange platforms use peer-to-peer technology, which means there is no third party in any transaction except the seller and the buyer. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of decentralized platforms.
- Lower risk of hacking. The data of the parties is not stored on the platform. Each transaction is done through an individual computer system, which decreases the chances of hacking.
- Preventing speculation. The Internet is full of fake users trying to steal money from other people. Peer-to-peer technology allows us to avoid fake trading and money laundering.
- Anonymity. There is no need to fill any form with personal details while using these platforms.
- Not user-friendly services are available.
- Lack of fiat assets, for example, when you exchange swap, ltc to lto, or vice versa.
- The problem with liquidity.