Many associations or groups have a membership structure. This includes not only social clubs but certain types of businesses such as warehouse stores. No matter the structure of your business, managing your group members is important and you need an organized way to keep track of who is a member, current payments, important contact information, and more. This needs to track various data points is why an app for membership management is a useful tool. There are many benefits to using a centralized software platform to manage membership in your business or association.
Seven Reasons To Use A Membership Management Application
- Inform Members: a membership management app isn’t just for back-end users, it also benefits your members as well. A well-configured membership application can keep members informed of ongoing events, process payments for renewal, a search engine for fellow members, update personal information, plan events, and more.
- Quick Application For New Members: your app can make it easier for new members to sign up. Without s central app to manage membership, you’d have to rely on older methods such as filling out a paper application. A membership app can serve as an introduction explaining your association or business, the benefits membership offers, who can sign up, and also as a way for new members to sign up. With a membership application, sign-up forms can be digitized, allowing new members to enter their information and have it uploaded immediately. Once uploaded, you can easily approve (or deny) the application.
- Profile Management: giving your members profiles they can update and add to offers several advantages. This makes members feel like they belong to your organization, makes connecting with other like-minded members easier, and allows you to have more information about your members. More information helps you make better choices for your organization and its members. You can also personalize communication with each member, increasing responsiveness and engagement.
- Payment Support: most memberships involve dues and associated fees. As not every member signs up at the same time, everyone may not have the same renewal date. In addition, you may have membership tiers which can have different fees and rates. Tracking this and collecting payments can be difficult and a central application makes this easier. Not only does the application track balances and due dates, but it also gives members an easy way to pay their dues and have them processed. Plus, you can use your application to send renewal reminders automatically.
- Manage Events: a common issue with event planning is tracking tickets and attendance. If your organization has many events in a calendar year, having the ability to track attendance and related ticket payments is very useful. An app can also record important information about the event such as location, the timetable, and planned activities. You can also manage smaller events such as meetings and weekly conferences.
- Communication: a membership platform also makes communication easy and hassle-free. Most membership platforms have integrated emails and member directories, making internal communication easier and more streamlined. You can also take advantage of sub-groups and lists to send emails and communication to certain members.
- Return On Investment: having a membership management app more than pays for the upfront cost to implement it. With proper membership management software, you save time and money on managing your members and have tools to help facilitate communication, payments, and overall organization engagement.
Managing your business’s members is an important part of customer service. You need to keep things current, keep members informed and assist them with tasks such as events and payments for their membership. With a membership management app, you have all the tools you need in a single platform.