The internet keeps us going in this digital world where everything now operates online, be it companies, educational institutes, government organizations, or shopping stores. If you want to get your office work done, finish your assignment, shop for a pair of new shoes, apply for a job or talk to a friend, you can do it all in a go if you have a reliable internet connection. With well-reputed and trusted options like RCN internet in the market, there is not much to worry about. You can get access to high-speed internet at affordable prices. Having said that, we often land into some common situations like forgetting our Wi-Fi password. If you happen to be a Cox user and have forgotten your Wi-Fi password, then this post is here to save you.
If you think forgetting your Cox WiFi password is insane and you find yourself scratching your head in confusion, then know that it is absolutely normal. Once in a while, we all come across such a situation and the panic is real. If you have not forgotten it, still you would want to change it periodically to keep your network safe and secure from intruders. If your Wi-Fi network does not have a strong password, it can attract hackers. Apart from that, it is important to change your password periodically. Knowing how important it is, here we are to walk you through the process of how to change your Cox WiFi password. Dive in!
Figuring out the Default Cox WiFi Password
First of all, you need to find the default password. If you have not set the password yet, then here is how you can find it out:
- You can check the owner manual given by your provider.
- More often, there will be a label placed somewhere on your router in print. Find it out.
- The password might also be available in the Cox welcome kit book, given during the subscription process.
Resetting the Password through the Router Interface
Another way to change the password is through your router interface. Here is what you need to do:
- Connect the device to the Ethernet cable for changing the password.
- Next, look out for the router’s IP address. Usually, the IP address is printed on a label on the router. In case you do not find it there, you can check the manufacture’s website.
- Once you have found the router’s IP address, you can now enter the default login credentials. Generally, the username ‘admin’ and the passcode ‘password’ are used in the case of a majority of the routers.
- It is finally time to change your Wi-Fi password once you have accessed the router’s web interface.
How to Change Cox WiFi Password using My wifi Web Portal?
In case you are using wireless network devices such as Arris DG2460, Arris TG1682, Cisco DPQ3925, or Ubee DDW366, etc., you can access My wifi Web Portal. Once you access it, you can follow these simple steps to manage your password:
- First of all, sign in to your user account and enter your credentials.
- Go to the internet option.
- Now, go to the My wifi option. Next, click on the View or Change the Wireless Network Name SSID and Password option to change your Cox password.
Quick Tips to Generate a Strong Password
It is extremely important to use a strong password to keep your network safe and secure. Here is a quick look at some of the effective tips to implement while generating a strong password:
- You should refrain from using any personal information. Hackers might be able to crack them.
- A good strength password is usually 8 to 12 characters. Make sure you use various combinations of symbols, uppercase alphabets, lowercase alphabets, numerals, and special characters, etc. This adds to the complexity of the password, so you can enjoy a more secure network.
- Do not repeat previous passwords. Make it a habit to change your password periodically.
Contact Cox Customer Service
If you find yourself stuck at any point and are having difficulty while changing your Cox WiFi password, you can always call the Cox customer support service for any type of help and assistance straight away. The agent will guide you through the steps and resolve any issues you might be facing regarding changing your Wi-Fi password or switching to another Cox internet plan. You will be assisted profoundly, so you do not face any hassles.
The aforementioned discussion has all the tips and information you require to change your Cox WiFi password without any difficulty. So, do not wait and get it changed straight away. In case of any trouble, you can always reach out to Cox customer support for real-time assistance. Make it a routine to change your Wi-Fi password regularly once or twice a month to keep any hackers at bay.