Baby wipes are still a unique consumer good with a large market potential. In addition, demand for herbal or natural baby wipes is expected to increase in the coming years. Nonetheless, the lack of chemical preservatives results in low product stability, which is a key drawback of natural baby wipes.
At the same time, the majority of baby wipes on the market are relatively expensive, which further dampens customer adoption of such items. According to a recent analysis published by Fact.MR, the global baby wipes market is expected to reach a valuation of US$ 6,271 Mn by 2020, representing a little CAGR over the projected period (2017-2022).
Global Baby Wipes Market: Key Projections
- During the assessment period, Europe is predicted to be the most profitable market for baby wipes. Between 2017 and 2022, the European baby wipes market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.3 percent.
- The wet wipes market is predicted to maintain its dominance in terms of product type until 2022. Currently, this category accounts for roughly 69 percent of the global market’s sales.
- By the end of 2017, the Cotton Terry Wipes category is estimated to have surpassed a valuation of US$ 1,976 Mn. The cotton terry wipes category currently has a revenue share of roughly 36% of the market.
- In 2017 and beyond, modern trade is likely to be the most important distribution route for baby wipes. Throughout the forecast period, this category is expected to account for the biggest revenue share of the market.
- Spunlace and airlaid baby wipes have a combined revenue share of more than 70% of the market, and this trend is expected to continue over the next five years. Spunlace and airlaid baby wipes are likely to see an increase in demand because to their great efficiency and low cost.
What is the Outlook for Sales of Organic Baby Wipes?
Plastics and polymers, which are commonly used in baby wipes, have a long breakdown cycle. Because of escalating climate concerns and social media popularity, environmental awareness has risen dramatically in recent years. The use of such materials is limiting the sale of baby wipes that contain non-environmentally friendly components.
People are becoming more conscious and worried about the environment, therefore eco-friendly and biodegradable baby wipes are predicted to be in high demand in the next years. Over the next decade, demand for environmentally friendly baby wipes is likely to mature, with sales increasing steadily.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample