The global automotive airbag silicone market size is expected to reach USD 733.8 million in 2028 and register a CAGR of 15.4% during the forecast period. Increasing number of silicon-coated airbags per vehicle is a key factor driving revenue growth of the automotive airbag silicone market.
Silicon-coated airbags allow fast depression after highest inflation compression is attained. The chemical reaction that takes while an airbag deploys may cause thermal damage and burn skin of the occupant, and silicone covering dissipates heat and protects the bag from ripping in the process of deployment. Another advantage of using silicone is its compatibility with airbag materials like nylon, and it also adds a protective layer to the airbag.
Growing demand for electric vehicles is a factor supporting global automotive airbag silicone market growth. Additionally, increasing demand for silicone airbags in commercial vehicles is expected to boost revenue growth of the automotive airbag silicone market during the forecast period.
However, high costs associated with raw materials for production of silicone airbags is a major factor expected to restrain growth of the automotive airbag silicone market to a certain extent.
Some key highlights in the report:
- Based on airbag position, the curtain/side segment is expected to contribute highest revenue share during the forecast period owing to increasing usage of airbags to guard adult chest areas from side-impact collisions.
- One-piece woven segment revenue is projected to register a rapid revenue CAGR during the forecast period due to growing emphasis on reducing accidental death rate globally.
- The commercial vehicle segment revenue is expected to expand at a considerably high CAGR during the forecast period. High expansion rate is attributed to implementation of robust guidelines by governments to safeguard driver and occupant security in commercial vehicles.
- Passenger car segment is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global automotive airbag silicone market throughout the forecast period. High growth of the passenger car segment is attributed to rising airbag installation in passenger cars to reduce impact and save life of passengers during collisions.
- Asia Pacific is expected to register fastest revenue CAGR during the forecast period due to high production rate of silicone airbags in countries such as South Korea, Thailand, China, and Japan. Moreover, increasing number of road accidents and growing concerns regarding passenger driver safety, along with key strategies developed by market players to decrease supply chain gaps are factors expected to augment growth of the automotive airbag silicone market in Asia Pacific.
- North America is projected to register a significantly large revenue market share owing to factors such as stringent guidelines for vehicle and driver safety. According to the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act, all passenger and commercial automobiles must have airbags positioned on both sides of front seats, this is expected to increase market growth in North America.
- Key players in the market include Wacker Chemie AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Kolon Industries, Inc, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Toray Industries, Inc., Toyobo Co., Ltd., Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., and DENSO Corporation.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global automotive airbag silicone market on the basis of Type, Vehicle Type, and region:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Cut-And-Sewn Seam-Sealed
Airbag Position Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
Vehicle Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Commercial Vehicle
- Passenger Cars
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2018–2028)
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/automotive-airbag-silicone-market