According to Fact.recent MR’s analysis, the global market for fresh onions and shallots is predicted to increase rapidly. During the period 2017-2022, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.3 percent. In cuisine, onions and shallots are frequently interchanged. Shallot consumption has increased as a result of its anti-inflammatory, anti-allergen, and antioxidant properties. Onions, too, have a protective component that aids the digestive system.
Both onions and scallions are members of the allium family. Shallots have a sweet, pungent, and aromatic flavour, whereas onions have a sour, spicy, and sharp flavour. Onions, on the other hand, are widely employed in cooking since shallots lose their flavour when cooked.
Fresh Onions and Shallots Market: 5 Forecast Highlights on
- The market for fresh onions and shallots is predicted to be dominated by Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (APEJ). By the end of 2022, the APEJ fresh onions and shallots market is expected to generate more than US$ 20,700 million in sales.
- The global market for fresh onions and shallots is also expected to grow faster than average in Europe. Atlas, pikant, and Ed’s red shallots are the most frequent varieties farmed in the area. Furthermore, shallots of the grey variety are frequently farmed in southern France.
- In the global fresh onions and shallots market, red onions are predicted to be the most popular product. Red onions are expected to generate almost US$ 15,400 million in revenue by the end of 2022.
- In comparison to fresh onions and shallots in slices, rings, and chopped form, whole fresh onions and shallots are projected to emerge as the most desired form. Between 2017 and 2022, whole fresh onions and shallots are expected to generate an incremental potential of more than US$ 8,400 million.
- Fresh onions and shallots are projected to be the most widely used in culinary applications. By the end of 2022, the culinary industry is expected to generate more than US$ 21,200 million in sales.
Fresh Onions and Shallot Producers Exploring Smart Production Option, Newer Product Hybrids
Due to the increasing global demand for high-quality onions and shallots, farmers and growers are looking into high-quality seed alternatives to generate hybrid shallot varieties such as Maserati F1 and Tropix. These types, which were developed specifically for the Southeast Asian market, are expected to boost the production of healthy shallots from high-quality seed.
Sunions, which are advertised as America’s first tearless, sweet-tasting onion, are mostly grown in Washington and Nevada. Sunions were created after years of onion crossbreading, and the makers began using gas treatments to select the least volatile onions and breed them for even more mildness. These kind of innovations are expected to drive global production and consumption of fresh onions and shallots.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample – https://www.factmr.com/connectus/sample?flag=S&rep_id=293