The heat level in the US has broken a record this summer, as an average of 200 million people in more than 28 cities have witnessed temperatures as high as 90-100 degrees [source], and the risk of getting a heat-related disease is high. One recommended way to stay cool and mitigate the heat wave is getting a portable ac. Arctos air cooler is the leading portable air cooler in the market this summer. This is the review of the gadget.
Arctos Portable Ac Reviews
This Arctos ac review will be in different parts. First, we will cover what the air cooler unit actually does, and then we move to its pros and cons, features, cost, where to buy, consumer reports in the US and Canada, and the final verdict of the gadget. Let’s get started…
Usually, summer is the time to go outside, visit the beach, go on adventures/vacations, and have a good time. You know the vibes… but when the sun is so scorching and irritable, one would be forced to stay indoors and run on the air conditioners all day until the nighttime feels a bit cooler but have their electricity bills at the top of Mount Everest. **smh**
What Arctos air cooler offer is an option to your window air conditioner unit in terms of a smaller size, less maintenance, and the ability to carry it around and use it anywhere.
Arctos portable ac uses water to create cool air that makes the atmosphere have a chill feel. It has a water tank that has to be filled, and the mode set (breeze, Cool, and Chill) depending on how you want to feel at the moment, and with the power cable plugged into an outlet, cool, fresh breeze are generated.
Here are the features/specification of the Arctos portable AC. It is imperative that you read these line by line to get an overview of what the device comes with:
- The #1 thing to point out is that Arctos ac is not an air conditioner. The mechanism in which it works as an air cooler differs from how your window ac unit works. It only helps to cool the air and make the area feel chill and should not be a permanent replacement for your air conditioner.
- It has a water tank with a 450 ml size where you need to pour in water to use the device.
- It is not rechargeable. It comes with a DC5V plug that has to be connected to an electricity supply (AC100~120V, DC 5V, 1.5-2.0A)
- It produces low noise, so you won’t get distracted while reading or working on your computer.
- It wouldn’t be a portable ac if it didn’t come in a compact size. Arctos ac has a dimension of 145 x 165 x 165 mm. It would sit just fine on your table.
- The vents can be adjusted to direct the air as your pleasure demands.
- Arctos portable ac has a replaceable filter.
- It has led lighting in several colors — blue, red, teal, white, yellow, green, and purple.
How Does Arctos Portable Ac Work
The process of how to use the arctos air cooler is simple, and you do not need the assistance of a handyman or complex instructions to set up your unit and get it running.
- First, ensure that the surface where the device is placed is clean and flat.
- Take the power cord and plug one end into the port at the back of the unit and the other into a wall outlet.
- Take out the filter from the drawer, soak it in water for some minutes, then place it back into the drawer. If you want a better chilling effect, freeze the filter before returning it to the drawer.
- Pour clean water into the water tank (ensure it doesn’t spill over), set your preferred speed, sit back and enjoy the cool, fresh air.
Pros and Cons
A complete, unbiased review wouldn’t be complete without touching base with the pros and cons, and here they are:
- Arctos air cooler has a water filter, which ensures that only dust-free air is blown to you. However, it is replaceable, so once you notice molds on it, it’s time for a new one.
- Movable Vent: This adjustable vent makes it possible to direct the airflow, depending on your position or target. For example, you can place the device on your table and direct it towards another corner or down to your seat. It doesn’t restrict the blown air to a fixed direction.
- Portable: Imagine having to carry around an air cooler the size of your LG split system air conditioner with you. That wouldn’t be pleasant in the least. The Arctos Portable AC is designed in a portable size and lightweight to be carried about, from the room to the study to the kitchen–it’s that easy to move.
- Easy Maintenance: Changing the water filter, cleaning the body of the device and the vents, and refilling the tank are things anyone can do without the need to call a maintenance expert.
- Humidifier: The Arctos portable ac can serve as a humidifier and an air cooler.
- Low usage noise: The device is not completely silent when in use. However, it emits a low noise that can be easily ignored and won’t hamper your sleep or movie or distract your reading.
- Adjustable speeds of the fan: The fan speed can be changed based on convenience and preference.
- Lightweight: The device is very light in weight and can be effortlessly transported even when the water tank is filled.
- Stylish: The body of the ac unit is attractive and makes the device blend with ease into any space – on your work table, bed stool, etc.
- Relatively less expensive: When compared to air conditioner units, this one is way less costly and is delivered with every accessory needed to use it. Also, there are no post-purchase expenses (apart from the periodic replacement of the water filter) such as installation or hefty maintenance fees.
- Money-back guarantee: Provided you bought your Arctos ac from the official website and not from a third-party reseller, you are entitled to a full refund within 60 days of your order if you aren’t delighted with the delivery.
- It is not rechargeable as it doesn’t have a battery component.
- Refilling the water tank could feel like a task sometimes.
- It might not be able to cool a big room
- It should only be bought on its official website.
- There’s a limited amount of stock left.
There are safety procedures that should be followed when using the portable ac unit to ensure that it doesn’t get damaged or cause electric shock, among other incidents.
- Prevent tilting the device when filled with water, so make sure it’s only placed on a clean, dry, and flat surface
- Do not turn the unit upside down when transporting it, so the water doesn’t spill out.
- Make sure the ends of the cord are always dry before use
- Replace the filter once you see signs of molds growing on it
- When storing the device for a long time, first make sure the tank is dry and the filter dry
Arctos Portable Ac Cost (And Where to Buy)
As already stated, as one of the cons of the Arctos ac, it is recommended to be purchased from only one place – the company’s official website, and there are many reasons why. The most important is to get the original device and not a replica knockoff. And also to get free delivery, 55% off, and be covered in the 60-day moneyback guarantee.
- 1 x Arctos portable AC (Air Cooler) Unit – 89.99 USD
- 2 Units – 179.98 USD
- 3 Units – 201.99 USD
- 4 Units – 246.99 USD
Arctos Portable Ac Reviews Consumer Reports – USA and Canada
What are the consumer reports in Canada and US for Arctos AC? Word of mouth and testimonials are very important in pulling the trigger in making a purchase, so what are Americans and Canadians saying about the portable AC? Is it a scam or legit?
Arctos Ac Review – Final Verdict
Bills aren’t a joke. And what’s worse is when we have no choice but to use items in the house that use a lot of electricity (traditional air conditioners) just to fight the scorching heat. Wouldn’t a less expensive alternative be gold in this situation?
Arctos air cooler ensures you have a constant supply of cool air anytime without breaking the bank. Customers have good things to say about the gadget, and there’s a money-back guarantee in place.
All content, including text and graphics displayed on this page, is strictly for general information purposes only. Arctos AC manufacturers have no hand in its creation. The Arctos AC is an air-cooling unit for personal cooling space, not an air conditioner.
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you resolve to purchase the recommended product at no additional cost to you.