The global antimicrobial wipes market size is estimated to be worth over US$ 9 Bn at the moment and is expected to grow at a rapid CAGR of 11% through 2032. As a result, it is anticipated that by the end of 2030, global sales of antimicrobial wipes would total US$ Anti-microbial 21.6 billion.
The recent surge in the popularity of antimicrobial wipes can be ascribed to the public’s increased attention to preserving personal cleanliness. The main driver of expansion in this regard has been the incidence of numerous infectious illnesses. Sales have increased significantly since the COVID-19 epidemic, a time when maintaining personal cleanliness is extremely important.
Growing sales are mostly supported by the regular use of wipes to clean one’s hands, face, and nose as a reassuring habit for getting rid of any microorganisms.
According to the aforementioned predictions, the global market for antimicrobial wipes will reach $7 billion by the end of 2020.
“The pandemic has greatly increased demand for anti-microbial wipes with an alcohol basis. Even after the epidemic, this tendency will persist as customers become more hygienic, “an FMI analyst said.
Key Takeaways from FMI’s Anti-Microbial Wipes Market Report
- The demand from the healthcare and household sectors will increase sales of anti-microbial wipes.
- Online retail sales will gain significant traction due to the imposition of social distancing measures, which prevent consumers from visiting retail outlets to make their purchases.
- Scented wipes are becoming more and more popular due to consumers’ sensory experiences.
- Surface disinfectant wipes are gaining higher popularity. The market for anti-microbial wipes is expected to grow significantly in South Asia.
Anti-Microbial Wipes Market- Key Trends
- Manufacturers of anti-microbial wipes will benefit from favorable market conditions, such as decreased price volatility and low capital expenditure.
- Rising hygiene concerns in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic; and adoption of biodegradable formulations.
- This will accelerate research into the development of sustainable wipes in the future.