According to a report published by Fact.MR, the global market for alpine ski equipment is expected to grow at a moderate rate from 2017 to 2022. By the end of 2022, sales of alpine ski equipment will have reached around US$ 700 million in revenue.
The number of people who participate in alpine skiing has increased dramatically in recent years. Despite the fact that helmets are not required equipment in this leisure and competitive winter activity, many people opt to wear them because of the increased awareness of head injuries. The majority of ski countries are working on expanding their ski initiatives in order to increase participation and enjoy economic rewards.
9 Key Estimations on Future of Global Alpine Ski Equipment Market
- The >110 mm size of alpine ski equipment is predicted to continue popular among people all over the world, accounting for more than 80% of market revenue over the projection period.
- Sales of 70-79 mm alpine ski equipment are expected to grow at the fastest rate in the market through 2022.
Through 2022, online sales of alpine ski equipment are predicted to grow at a CAGR of 4.3 percent.
- Specialty stores will continue to be the most profitable sales channel in the worldwide alpine ski equipment industry, with sales expected to exceed US$ 240 million by the end of 2022.
- Between 2017 and 2022, sales of alpine bindings will grow at the quickest rate of any equipment type.
- Alpine boots will continue to be the most popular piece of equipment in the market over the projection period, accounting for over a third of total revenue.
- In terms of revenue, North America is expected to maintain its dominance in the industry. However, until 2022, sales in Asia-Pacific except Japan (APEJ) and the Middle East and Africa (MEA) would grow at a faster rate.
- Individuals throughout the world are likely to choose the economy segment, which is expected to achieve US$ 250 million in sales by the end of 2022.
APEJ to Register the Highest CAGR in the Market
North America is expected to continue to be the most attractive market for alpine ski equipment in terms of revenue. By the end of 2022, alpine ski equipment sales in North America are predicted to reach over US$ 200 million.
Through 2022, sales of alpine ski equipment in Asia-Pacific except Japan (APEJ) are expected to grow at the fastest rate, followed by the Middle East and Africa (MEA). During the forecast period, Europe will remain the second largest market for alpine ski equipment.
Based on equipment type, alpine binding sales are expected to grow at the fastest rate through 2022. Alpine boots will continue to be the most profitable equipment segment in the global market, accounting for almost one-third of total revenue, followed by all alpine skis.
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample