Since you are reading this post, we can safely say that you understand what a pitch deck means for your business. As a startup owner, you certainly know that fundraising is very important to the success of your business. One key tool you need to attract the right investors to your company is Pitch Deck.
In the rest of this pitch deck-related post, you’ll learn:
- What is a pitch deck?
- How exactly can a pitch deck help during your fundraising campaign?
Pitch Deck: Definition
Let’s start by answering this question: what is a pitch deck?
In simple terms, a pitch deck is a short presentation that founders use when trying to convince investors to fund their businesses. A pitch deck is a well-crafted presentation that should outline your company’s problems, their solutions, and how you intend to grow the business successfully.
For you to get the best results from your pitch deck, you need to include certain elements, such as a brief introductory message, statements regarding the company’s problem & solution, a market analysis, a business model, a marketing plan, and financial targets.
How can a well-crafted pitch deck help your business?
Today, a well-written pitch deck can help your business in many ways:
- First, this short presentation can help you communicate your business plan more effectively and quickly.
- Besides, you can also attract the right partners to your business with a well-structured pitch deck. For instance, you need this short presentation when trying to attract venture capitalists to your startup.
- That’s not all; having a good pitch deck structure can help you better identify gaps in your business. It can also help you to better refine your company’s business model & strategy.
- You can also take advantage of a pitch deck to gain media attention, which is important for increasing your startup’s visibility.
Pitch Deck Structure: what exactly should you include in your presentation?
Now that you know exactly what a pitch deck can do for your business, let’s move to the next question: what to include in a pitch deck?
As earlier mentioned, your pitch deck must include different important elements if you want to achieve the best results:
- First, you need to include a brief introduction, which will cover everything regarding your company’s overview, history, and mission.
- Next, you need to add a problem statement to your pitch deck structure. This statement should be very clear and concise. Furthermore, it should focus on the problem your business wants to address.
- How exactly does your company intend to resolve the aforementioned problem? You need to include a clear and well-detailed solution statement on what your company wants to do.
- Next, you need to include market analysis. In this stage, you have to talk about the opportunities in the market, based on the aforementioned solution. Furthermore, you need to talk about the market size, competition edge, and the company’s growth potential.
- After market analysis comes the inclusion of your business model. In this case, you need to clearly describe the company’s business model. In addition, ensure to add cost structure, pricing approach, and how your business is looking to generate revenue.
- Next, you need to include how your company intends to reach its target audience. Of course, you also need to include the different methods you’ll use, the cost per acquisition, and the return on investment.
- The next stage requires you to talk about your financial projections.
- Now, you need to include a slide that analyzes your competition, including the advantage your company has over others.
- Who are your team members and what qualifications do they possess? You also need to add a slide that answers this question.
- Lastly, you should add a slide that outlines your investment needs and how you will use the sourced funds. You should also mention any investor you’re currently working with.
Need help creating your pitch deck today? If yes, Spectup is one of the most reliable firms you can reach out to today to assist you in creating that perfect presentation.