You’ve probably taken images with backgrounds that ruin the entire composition. Engaged in professional photo editing, creators use licensed paid software to change and edit picture backgrounds. However, an ordinary user can face some challenges when manipulating images.
Luckily, free online tools help you edit photo backgrounds with ease. They offer different features and functionalities, so it’s up to you to choose one that suits your needs best. Let’s explore how and where to change picture backgrounds online.
The best tools for deleting a photo background
There is no reason to erase a picture background in professional software like Photoshop, as you can edit your images online and in a couple of clicks with AI-powered background removers. You can simply upload a selected image to the tool’s website and push a button. Some removers also allow making additional adjustments to the background at your discretion, like erasing or restoring its parts.
Depositphotos background remover
Depositphotos, one of the largest stock content marketplaces, offers a high-quality background remover. The free tool uses AI-powered technology and easily identifies a photo’s foreground and background to isolate it. Depositphotos BG remover processes even highly detailed pictures in a couple of seconds and preserves original image quality. You can upload files weighing up to 15 MB in JPG and PNG formats.
To use the Depositphotos online background removal tool, follow these steps:
- Visit the https://depositphotos.com/bgremover.html background remover web page.
- Click the “Upload image” button, or drag and drop your file onto the page.
- Preview your result after the automated BG removal process.
- Use the “Erase” and “Restore” brushes to edit your picture manually.
- Download the final image with a transparent background in PNG format.
Remove.bg is a free photo background remover that can process your visuals in five seconds, and you don’t even have to click once. With the tool, you can automatically remove backgrounds from JPG and PNG formatted photos. It also offers a premium subscription and pay-as-you-go credits so that you can download your images in HD, which is possible after registration. Nonetheless, the free version keeps your original picture quality.
Follow the next steps to use the Remove.bg tool:
- Open the Remove.bg official site.
- Drop your file directly onto the page, click the “Upload Image” button to select your picture, or paste the URL.
- Check the result and edit the background details if needed.
- Click the “Download” button to save your image in original quality, or click the “Download HD” button if you need a high-quality, backgroundless picture.
This free automated tool for removing backgrounds from photos can process PNG and JPG files weighing up to 15 MB. The free version allows you to download images of standard quality. To save pictures in full resolution, you will need credits. Moreover, professional and amateur photo editors can appreciate the batch processing feature (up to 30 images at once) after purchasing credits. Simultaneously processing several pictures will take longer than three seconds, but the tool is quite precise and provides full resolution images. FocoClipping also has options to change a photo background online. However, the number of available scenes is limited.
How do you use the FocoClipping online photo BG remover?
- Visit the tool’s official website.
- Click the “Upload Image” button, drop a file, or just paste the picture using the suitable combination on your keyboard.
- Use the “Restore” and “Erase” brushes if you want to edit a processed file.
- Click the “Download” button in the upper right corner to save the picture with a removed background on your device.
Ways to edit photo backgrounds online
After removing a picture background and making it transparent, you can get on with editing your composition. This BG removal step is most important, as it allows you to get an accurate final result.
There are two ways to edit and change photo backgrounds online. If you have no in-depth photo editing skills, the best option is to use BG removers that provide a feature for changing backgrounds, like FocoClipping or PhotoScissors. You can select any image and paste it as a background in the tool’s workspace.
The second way to edit a photo background is to try specially designed online editors that provide a wide functionality for implementing any design idea. VistaCreate is a user-friendly online graphic design platform suitable for beginner and professional content creators. It provides thousands of templates and inspirational tutorials for creating striking designs. Use it to make eye-catching covers, posters, logos, presentations, infographics, social media posts, and many more.
To change a photo background using the VistaCreate editor, follow the next steps:
- Create a free VistaCreate account.
- Choose a design format from the list or click to customize the size.
- Go to “My Files” and upload the backgroundless image you previously created.
- Click “Background” in the side toolbar to browse VistaCreate stock photos and videos, or choose a solid background color.
- Upload another picture to the “My Files” section to use it as the background.
- Combine the two images and adjust the background and foreground.
- Open the “Pages” tab in the lower right corner to duplicate the design or create a new one.
- Click the “Download” button in the top right corner, choose a file format, and save your HD design.
If you’re interested in design and marketing, take a moment to find and learn how to use high-quality online photo editors. Eventually, you’ll not only edit and remove image backgrounds, but also create modern visual projects.
Saving HD quality when removing a photo background
Image quality is essential for any project, as pixelated pictures will repel your audience. When implementing your design ideas, ensure your final image is of high quality. You can surf the internet and download high-resolution pics. However, after you process them in background removers, you may discover that photos get pixelated, making further work in online editors harder.
Carefully review auto background removers before processing your photos. Most tools provide HD image downloading options for premium subscribers. Some free photo background removers provide HD results for all users, e.g., the Depositphotos background removal tool. On the contrary, Remove.bg has limited free HD downloads, and you need to buy credits if you want to save all your processed visuals in high quality.
To implement your design ideas, try free online tools that offer multiple editing features, including background removal. Web-based photo BG removers that employ AI-based technology for automatic, quick processes also provide limited background editing options. This way, you don’t need to waste hours handling Photoshop. Nonetheless, some photo background removers can reduce image quality, so carefully review the tools options before processing your visuals.