The latest report of the global 5G chipset market size shoes the market is expected to reach USD 33.03 Billion in 2028 at a robust CAGR of 47.3% during the forecast period. Rising machine-to-machine (M2M) connections is a key factor expected to propel market growth over the forecast period. Machine-to-machine connections utilize sensors to collect data and deliver important information for various machines to execute several functions. Increasing real-time shipping, autonomous driving, smart logistics, and drone delivery has been boosting scope of machine-to-machine applications and this is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. Rising applications of drone is expected to create lucrative opportunities in the 5G chipset market.
Increasing demand for mobile broadband services and incorporation of new technologies that require high-speed and low-latency connectivity is expected to further boost market growth going ahead. Demand for smart technology is expected to rise exponentially with the advent of 5G and this is expected to boost growth of the market to a significant extent over the forecast period. Rising demand for high-speed and efficient data transmission and information delivery is accelerating advancements in 5G cellular technology and this is expected to enhance operation efficiency of mobile networks and bridge gap between marginal and poor network coverage occurring in existing network technologies.
However, high hardware costs associated with network densification and concerns associated with data security and privacy are expected to restrain market growth to a certain extent over the forecast period.
Some Key Highlights in the Report:
- 6GHz segment is expected to register significant revenue CAGR during the forecast period attributable to increasing offerings of 5G chipset modules supporting sub-6GHz band in smartphones from prominent industry leaders.
- The 7nm segment is expected to account for largest revenue share in the global market during the forecast period increasing application of 7nm processing nodes in designs of 5G chipset models. The 7nm processing node can function at a significantly lower voltage without compromising on efficiency and has a lower leakage property and these advantages are expected to support segment growth going ahead.
- The automotive and transportation segment is expected to register significant revenue growth during the forecast period attributable to increasing application of 5G connectivity in various automotive applications such as in vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-infrastructure, and vehicle-to-network applications.
- North America is expected to account for largest revenue share in the market over the forecast period attributable to increasing adoption of cutting-edge technologies that require high-speed internet connectivity and robust presence of major market players such as Intel Corporation, Qualcomm Incorporated, MediaTek Inc, and Broadcom Inc., among others in the region.
- Key market players include Intel Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Qualcomm Incorporated, MediaTek Inc, NXP Semiconductors N.V, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Qorvo, Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Broadcom Inc., and Renesas Electronics Corporation.
- In July 2020, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. launched the Snapdragon 865 Plus 5G Mobile platform which is designed to enhance efficiency across the boards for excellent and remarkably fast Qualcomm Snapdragon Elite Gaming™ experience with global 5G connectivity and ultra-intuitive AI.
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the global 5G chipset market on the basis of frequency, type, processing node, application, end-use, and region:
Frequency Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- sub-6GHz + mm-Wave
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
Processing Node Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- 10 nm
- 7 nm
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- Smartphones & Tablets
- Broadband Access Gateway Devices
- Connected Devices
- Connected Vehicles
- Telecom Base Station Equipment
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- IT & Telecommunication
- Consumer Electronics
- Industrial Automation
- Media & Entertainment
- Energy & Utilities
- Automotive & Transportation
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2018–2028)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/5g-chipset-market