If you have an Oculus, then you have already taken gaming to a new level. This virtual reality headset offers an opportunity for a truly immersive visual experience with content and games that work with it. However, there are ways to take your Oculus gaming to even higher levels if you’re interested in doing so.
5 Ways to Elevate Your Oculus Experience
Virtual reality and gaming can be quite an experience in their own right, but there are specific things you should do to make the most of it when you have the chance:
- A Fisherman’s Tale: Don’t want to sink hundreds of hours into one game? This one is a breath of fresh air for an afternoon of quick puzzle fun. Defy the very laws of physics with multiple time streams in a very strange experience.
- Beat Saber: This is a must-have for anyone with a Quest 2. In fact, this game is practically synonymous with virtual reality. That’s because the second you put your gear on and get into the game, you know everything you need to do. You won’t need a lot of explanation to get into this game, and yet getting truly good at this game might take you months. You play using laser sabers in slices that move to the game music to cut up colored blocks.
- Pistol Whip: Do you love the John Wick movies? Do you want to feel like you’re in one? Pistol Whip is how to do it. This game will seriously work your lower body, which can be a good complement to the upper-body exercise you get from Beat Saber. This game has received multiple updates that are free of charge.
- Resident Evil 4 VR: This game is a surprising delight considering how it started nearly 20 years ago on the Gamecube. However, the content works great in VR. It’s exclusive to the Quest 2, so other VR owners can’t find out what it’s like to roam the countryside as Leon Kennedy.
- Superhot VR: There is a non-virtual version of this game, but few people play it after they experience the VR content. What’s fascinating about this game is that time only moves in it when you physically do. That gives you the chance to look around and take in the sights before the action kicks in. In-game physics let the truly adept hit enemies with objects so they can steal their weapons and kill them with them.
Protect Your Investment While Showcasing Your Style
At some point, you should take a break from your gaming to look over the available skins for your Oculus Quest 2 or other VR headset. There are two good reasons for doing this.
For starters, you can keep your hardware with a decal that prevents it from being scratched. Some vendors have multiple finishes you can choose from, including glossy glitter, carbon fiber, and matte.
Also, you can pick and choose from many different visual aesthetics. Demonstrate your loyalty to your fireteam with a camo design, or pay homage to Star Wars or Disney, among other franchises. Of course, you can always just pick your favorite color for a more subdued vibe.
Health Benefits of Video Games
Some people are critical of virtual reality technology because they fear owners of it might use it to completely mentally check out of society and avoid life. However, escapism is kind of the point. In fact, there are many health benefits to video gaming, as reported by Geico Living.
- Developing problem-solving skills
- Healthy stimulation of the human brain
- Stress relief
- Practicing resilience and persistence
- Improving manual dexterity
- Enhanced social skills
- Learning new things
- More physical activity
- Better vision
Stay on the Cutting Edge
Virtual reality technology has gotten very affordable in recent years, and the user experience satisfies most users. Still, it doesn’t seem to have caught on with the mainstream consumer yet. If you have an Oculus, you’re already ahead of the curve, but you can also use new ways to take your gaming to new heights.