Boost PPC performance and drive more sales with our handy guide.
From small to big businesses, solopreneurs to entrepreneurs, everyone uses PPC Ads (pay-per-click). They do advertising through Ad Words, Google Ads, Bing Ads, or Facebook Ads and even promoted tweets on Twitter.
Whether you are new to the game or have been hustling for a while you might still be wondering what tactics to use to improve your PPC.
Curious to know how to create high-converting PPC campaigns? UAWC marketing agency is here to give you 5 tips to improve PPC performance.
#1 Design goals
PPC optimization can flop without a clear goal. Trust us, you do not want to skip this initial step. A successful PPC campaign will maximize your ROI and even more.
Map out your business goals. It will be easier to allocate duties, determine objectives and set up a project workflow.
Depending on what your business is and what it needs, it would be better to prioritize clear and realistic goals.
#2 Create a solid account structure
The proper structure of your PPC campaign will help you to go with the flow. In simple words, the structure is the backbone of your account which assures stellar Pay-Per-Click optimization.
Let’s get into the nitty-gritty from here. The structure consists of:
- Ad groups
- Ad copy
Negative keywords are also a part of the structure. The more campaigns you have the more adjustments you can do. There, you can play with ad groups and keywords and target those that can trigger the ads. In a nutshell, it all comes down to your needs and business goals.
There are a few more tweaks to the organization system.
- Location. Start brainstorming if this aspect is vital for you. Are you ready to target different locations? Or are you finance-bound or maybe have budget freedom? Depending on the answer sometimes it is better to create separate campaigns for various locations.
- Website structure and products. Is your website structure complex and requires many separate pages to introduce a product? Then create many campaigns for successful PPC sales.
- Goals and reports. There are different ways to track statistics. Splitting your campaigns would be rather beneficial. Take this into account when working with branded keywords.
#3 Have a go at high-converting PPC keywords
Once you’ve created a structure that is worthwhile for your business, it is high time for the keywords. We recommend doing thorough research on the keywords you want to bid on.
Optimization strategies can be individual, of course. But, please, omit popular mistakes such as aiming for short-tail and general keywords. On the flip side, be more specific and detailed. A more personalized approach means more conversions.
Level-up tip: do not feel shy to use branded keywords and even competitors’ keywords.
Budget optimization strategies
There are extra steps to take on enhancing PPC campaign budget optimization. If you want users to see your ads in search engines, optimize your keywords properly.
- Build out negative keywords. Negative keywords are obstacles on the users’ way to your ad, service, or product. When you create lists with negative keywords you save money on unrelated searches. There are many keyword planners in the free access that can help you with negative keywords. You can even use some pre-made negative keyword lists to give yourself an easy foundation to build upon.
- Pause ineffective keywords. Through trials and errors of experiments, we advise you to keep working only with high-performance keywords. Routinely pause or stop underperforming keywords when they stop producing any result. Note that it is better to do this when you have detailed data and these keywords have been running long enough. You can spot underperforming keywords by measuring impressions and clicks.
#4 Text ad optimization techniques
We sell text to our target audience. It should be compelling, engaging, and with a hook. A powerful message will ensure great PPC performance.
You should be regularly testing text ads and constantly optimizing them. There is no need to go over the top, just make sure that your text ad follows the best practices.
On top of everything, make your text ads mobile-friendly. More and more users are switching to mobile and you do not want to miss out on this opportunity. So, try to run text ads on desktop and mobile and compare the results. Such deep research will show you a broader picture of more advanced enhancements.
And last but not least, do not lose your CTA. A Call-To-Action must be straightforward with clear instructions.
#5 Run A/B testing
Having more real data on hand will boost the procedure of PPC optimization. A/B testing is the best method for PPC campaigns. You can run endless versions of ads by making trivial changes to the copy, headline, and CTAs. Such small modifications will show you the best approach for PPC ads. You can use brand-new ads as a yardstick for further improvement. Innovative strategies will outrank your competitors. And A/B testing will guarantee splendid results.
#6 Bonus: An eye-catching landing page
PPC ads lead the audience to landing pages. If PPC performance was top-notch but users decided to leave your main page then the issue lies in the latter. A landing page must be persuasive and present the product or service at its best.
Your landing page must be easy to navigate with clear CTAs. Use F- and Z-patterns to attract users’ attention to the most essential points on the site.
And most importantly, make the product stand out.
There you go, 5 effective ways for PPC optimization with a bonus tip. Sure, at first it may seem like a lofty goal or an unbearable challenge, but it is not. All you need for superb PPC ads is to have a structure from the very beginning.
Circle out a goal, have a structured account, invest effort in keyword lists, and try out different techniques and tests. And, finally, add a spark with an excellent landing page.
It will take some time and devotion until you balance out your PPC performance. But the results will be worth it.