The global 3D printing healthcare market is expected to be valued at USD 4,070.8 Million in 2027 from USD 1,131.9 Million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 17.3% through the forecast period. In healthcare, 3D printing is mainly used in developing advanced surgical cutting and drill equipment, prosthetics, and patient-specific replicas of various organs, bones, and blood vessels. The emergence of tissue engineering and regenerative medicine has fast-tracked the adoption of 3D printing in healthcare. Healthcare research institutions worldwide are increasingly leveraging the 3D printing technology to develop precision and personalized medicines and enable hospitals and pharmacies to improve patient care and streamline various processes. Moreover, bioprinted tissues and organs have witnessed significant adoption over recent years to enhance the success of clinical trials.
The global 3D printing healthcare market is predicted to grow substantially over the following years, owing to various favorable factors. Rising focus on reducing waste generation from the manufacture of medical implants and devices, increasing surgical procedures, the emergence of tissue engineering and bioprinting, and technological advancements in healthcare 3D printing are the most indispensable factors fueling the growth of this market. Customized 3D-printed anatomical models have proven to be immensely beneficial tools in personalized patient treatments. Furthermore, the increasing use of 3D printing in pharmacology; rising medical applications, such as drug delivery devices; and the surging demand for 3D-printed external medical devices are the other key factors driving the global market growth. In February 2020, the Dubai Health Authority (DHA) launched a new 3D Printing Laboratory in its Innovation Centre to provide healthcare professionals with patient-specific anatomical models and enable them to conduct pre-operative analysis efficiently. Reportedly, DHA experts worked in coordination with Sinterex, a leading healthcare additive manufacturing firm, to introduce 3D printing across the DHA hospitals.
Key Highlights of the Report:
- Based on technology, the photopolymerization sub-segment is expected to account for the largest chunk of the global 3D printing healthcare market over the forecast period. The growth of this segment is accredited to the extensive use of this technology in healthcare, especially in the production of prosthetics and implants, surgical guides (dental and orthopedic), and dental restorations.
- Of the key regional markets globally, North America has emerged as the leading 3D printing healthcare market in terms of revenue share. Fast-paced adoption of 3D printing technology in the region’s healthcare system, the growing trend of telemedicine, increasing demand for precision medicine, and augmented healthcare expenditure boost the growth of the market in this region.
- Key industry participants include Stratasys Inc., Bio3D Technologies Pte Ltd., 3D Matters Pte Ltd., Organovo, Materialise NV, 3D Systems Corporation, Simbionix, EnvisionTEC, Bio-Rad Laboratories, and Metamason.
- In April 2020, Stratasys, Inc. inked a collaborative agreement with Origin to widely commercialize and promote 3D-printed nasopharyngeal swabs manufactured by Origin in the U.S., thereby meeting the critical need for COVID-19 testing in the country.
Emergen Research has segmented the global 3D printing healthcare market on the basis of component type, technology, application, end-user, and region:
By Component Type (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
By Technology (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Laser Beam Melting
- Droplet Deposition
- Electron Beam Melting
By Application (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Surgical Devices
- Tissue Engineering
- External Wearable Devices
By End-user (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Research Institutes
- Pharmaceutical Companies
By Region (Revenue, USD Billion; 2017-2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below: https://www.emergenresearch.com/industry-report/3d-printing-healthcare-market