Microsoft Excel is a popular spreadsheet software used for various data analysis and organization tasks. The toolbar in Excel provides easy access to various functions and features that users can use to manipulate data in their worksheets.
Users can also customize the Excel toolbar by adding or removing tools to suit their specific needs. However, sometimes the Excel toolbar might get disappeared that often makes you panic.
Therefore, if your Excel toolbar missing from your Excel sheet and you are wondering about how to show toolbar in Excel then read this entire post carefully to learn some of the basic fixes to solve this issue.
Why Does My Excel Toolbar Keep Disappearing?
There could be several reasons why your Excel toolbar keeps disappearing.
Some of them are highlighted below:
- The toolbar has been hidden: The toolbar may have been accidentally hidden by the user.
- The toolbar has been disabled: The toolbar may have been disabled by an add-in or a macro.
- The toolbar has been customized: The user may have customized the toolbar and accidentally removed it.
- The Excel version is outdated: The toolbar may not be available in older versions of Excel.
- The Excel installation is corrupted: In rare cases, the Excel installation may be corrupted, causing the toolbar to disappear.
How to Show/Restore Missing Toolbar in Excel?
Here are the list of the methods applying which you will able to show or restore your missing Excel toolbar.
Way #1: Check If the Toolbar Is Hidden
If you are experiencing Excel sheet toolbar missing issue, then the first thing you should check is whether the toolbar is hidden or not. To check if the toolbar is hidden, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Open Microsoft Excel on your computer.
Step 2: Look for the “View” tab on the top menu bar and click on it.
Step 3: Check if the “Toolbar” option is checked or not. If it’s not checked, click on it to display the toolbar.
Step 4: If the “Toolbar” option is already checked and you still can’t see the toolbar, look for the “Customize Quick Access Toolbar” option and click on it.
Step 5: A new window will open. Make sure the toolbar you are missing is selected under the “Toolbar” tab.
Step 6: If the toolbar is selected but still not visible, check if it’s docked in the correct location. You can try dragging the toolbar to a different location on the screen.
By following these steps, you should be able to fix the Excel toolbar not showing issue.
Way #2: Enable the Toolbar in Excel Options
To enable the toolbar in Excel Options, please follow the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Excel on your computer.
- Click on the “Home” tab in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on “Customize Ribbon” in the left-hand column.
- Under the “Main Tabs” section on the right-hand side of the window, check the box next to “Toolbar“.
- Click “OK” to save the changes and close the Excel Options window.
After completing these steps, the toolbar should be enabled in Excel, and you should be able to see it on the ribbon menu at the top of the screen.
Way #3: Resetting Excel Toolbar
The corrupt Excel installation or toolbar has been customized can lead to missing MS Excel toolbar. To tackle this situation, simply reset the Excel toolbar by following the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Excel on your computer.
- Click on the “File” menu in the top left corner of the Excel window.
- Click on “Options” from the list of options on the left-hand side of the window.
- In the Excel Options window that appears, click on “Customize Ribbon” on the left-hand side.
- Click on the “Reset” button at the bottom-right corner of the window.
- Click on “Reset all customizations” from the pop-up box that appears.
- Click “OK” to confirm that you want to reset the toolbar.
After following these steps, Excel will reset the toolbar to its default settings.
This article is all about how to fix Excel toolbar missing issue. So, if your Excel toolbar is not showing or missing from the top then keep implementing the above-mentioned solutions to restore the Excel toolbar again.
Thanks for reading!