Search Engine Optimization (SEO) trends are dynamic, where they change one year after the other. It’s possible to find out that the marketing trends that you’ve been using in 2019 might fail to deliver consistent results in 2020. Every month, new marketing developments and strategies are released in the market.
As a chief executive officer or chief operating officer who presides numerous business operations, you may be thinking, what is search engine optimization? Why are marketing trends and strategies dynamic? Is SEO crucial for your organization? Well, in today’s world, you need to increase your website visibility to remain relevant in the business. How many times have you updated your marketing strategies and trends this year?
Why is SEO important to your business? Firstly, E-commerce websites and online platforms regularly change their products, services, and strategies to cope up with clients’ needs and behaviors. Secondly, businesses diversify, adapt, and transforms their operating procedures to cope up with the competition. The same case applies to Google. Google updates algorithms to continue dominating other search engines and provide clients with exceptional customer experience.
Your primary objective is to rank high in the algorithms. Right? These trends will help you rank on the first page and ensure customers find your site in search engines.
1) Optimize Your Website for Local SEO
Statistics have it that more than 46% of Google searches are local searches. That accounts for almost half of all the searches made by visitors, implicating the utmost importance of local SEO. Simply put, local SEO is the process of optimizing a website with a primary aim of improving local-based rankings. The underlying question is, what’s in it for your business if you localize your site?
When you promote your business to local customers, you end up increasing your site’s traffic and grabbing new user’s attention. That’s what you’ve been missing out the whole of this year. But, 2020 is finally here. Looking forward to getting started? Here are tips and hacks on how to optimize for local SEO.
• Optimize your listings such as Apple Maps, My Business, and Bing Places
• Let customers have their say regarding your products by featuring a customer’s review section on your website
• Ensure your website is easy-to-navigate and mobile-friendly
• Optimize your content for local keywords. Ensure you mention your location, products, and services
• Generate landing pages for unique locations
• Update relevant citations such as an address, names, and phone numbers on your website
2) Optimize Your Website for Visual Search
With the rise of Artificial Intelligence (AI), searching has become much more comfortable. Today, you can carry out a search using an image or a business logo. Through AI, the search engines display an overall result of the service you searched for plus the related ones. As a marketer, you need to understand customers’ behaviors and trends.
In the offline world, buyers make decisions by analyzing products using the eyes (visual). The visual search contemplates the same, using images to deliver what clients want. Branded as the game-changer, visual search is a marketing trend destined to dominate in 2020. Visual search is meant to provide shoppers with a personalized and cross-selling shopping experience.
If you’ve not optimized for visual search, you might be missing a great deal such as increased sales and customer satisfaction. However, there’s always a starting point. Here are hacks on how to get started.
• Add descriptive texts to featured images. This ensures the images ranks for the relevant content
• Mark up your images with product details
• Optimize file names, tags, and image descriptions to ensure the content is well understood
• In the marketing industry, quality matters a lot. Ensure your images are of high quality and well branded
3) Optimize Your Website for Voice Search
Simply put, voice search is a technology that allows clients to search for products and services with their voices. Being a long-term and cost-effective strategy, SEO is all about getting your content rank on the first page. With voice search, you can increase new sales, leads, and traffic to your website. Here, it’s all about grabbing your visitors’ attention and explaining to them why you stand out from the rest service providers. Ensure your content is well optimized as more than 90% of clients prefer selecting results ranked on the first page.
If well done, voice search is a unique strategy of creating brand awareness. Who knows what you’ve missed out in 2019? Here are tips on how to optimize your content for voice search.
• Opt for question keywords and long-tail keywords
• Generate content using a conversational tone
• Ensure your website is mobile-friendly and fast
• Write in a simple, unique style to ensure your information is accessible to digest
How SEO Trends Benefit Your Business
• Boosted brand awareness
• Improved conversions and traffic
• Consistent long-term results
• Driven sales, both online and offline
In 2019, more technological advancements have been witnessed. Resultantly, customers’ behaviors and needs have been changing to cope up with the improvements. SEO localization, visual search, and voice search are amongst the best SEO trends that have been helping websites increase leads and sales. SEO is always changing. To maintain your prospective buyers, you need to incorporate the latest trends in your marketing arsenal. If you haven’t defined your SEO strategy for 2020 and beyond, let these trends be your foundation.