As more and more businesses turn to digital solutions to market their brand, the demand for digital marketing and search engine optimization (SEO) professionals has also risen over the years. In Vietnam, for example, there are already a lot of companies offering Vietnam SEO specialist job offers that come with a good salary package and great privileges.
Now, if you think you have the skills for the job, let this article be your guide in landing the best position for your qualifications.
What Is an SEO Specialist
A search engine optimization specialist audits, tests, and analyzes a website, and then implements strategies to improve it and increase its rankings on the search engine results pages (SERPs).
They perform on and off-page optimization for a certain site to ensure its content is relevant, making it a recommended result for user queries. At the same time, they ensure a positive experience for all users, resulting in increased web traffic, more leads, stronger brand awareness, and ultimately, higher sales for a business.
They leverage keyword research and other SEO tools, such as Google Analytics, to improve a website’s visibility on major search engines. They would also work closely with other members of the marketing team to develop strategies and initiatives and further boost a site’s user engagement and traffic.
In a sense, an SEO specialist is similar to any other digital marketing professional—their ultimate goal is to create more business and revenue for the website they are working on.
SEO Specialist Roles and Responsibilities
Generally speaking, the job responsibilities of a Vietnam SEO specialist are vast. However, most companies that are looking to add such a professional to their team have the following specifications in their job postings.
- Conduct site audits, analyze data and results, as well as execute tests to identify trends to achieve maximum results.
- Develop strategies to optimize websites for search engines and increase their rankings.
- Manage costs of SEO campaigns to ensure the client’s budget stays on track.
- Perform continuous keyword research to identify new terms to be used for a website’s digital marketing campaigns.
- Create and execute strategies for link building.
- Implement changes to the site’s structure and content to improve its positions for certain target keywords.
- Monitor performance metrics on a regular basis using tools, such as Google Analytics, to identify new solutions for a site’s digital marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with writers to create quality content, from page descriptions to blog posts, to improve a site’s organic search results.
- Work with developers to ensure that SEO best practices are being followed when designing websites.
- Communicate with the digital marketing team to manage SEO strategies.
As previously mentioned, these are just the most common roles and responsibilities of an SEO specialist. To know exactly what will be required from you when applying for such a position, it is best to check out the job postings of the companies hiring SEO specialist Vietnam has today.
Making Yourself Excel Among Other SEO Specialist Applicants
Before you do that “SEO specialist near me” search to apply for the position, you should first assess yourself to know whether you are highly qualified for the job.
Understanding of the Three Primary SEO Tiers
To be qualified for an SEO job in Saigon, you should at least be abreast with the three main aspects of search engine optimization.
- Technical SEO – This area refers to improving the foundation and back-end structure of a website. It involves site analysis to improve loading speeds, improve the site’s crawl ability for search engine indexing, make the site mobile-friendly, improve ease of navigation, and more. These steps help boost user experience and send a message to the search engines that the site is a good one to use.
For these reasons, you should have basic technical SEO skills, such as coding.
- On-Page SEO – This involves optimizing site content to make it a valuable source of information. It involves the use of on-page elements, such as keywords, articles, links, meta tags, and titles tags, all of which are important in increasing a site’s visibility on the search engines.
- Off-Page SEO – This aspect refers to creating a strong relationship between the site that you are working on and other websites. It involves strategies, like outreach, back-linking, social media marketing, guest posting, being active in industry forums, and using local listings.
Content Marketing Knowledge
To become successful as an SEO specialist, you should also have an in-depth knowledge of content marketing. This means you should have a better understanding of your target market, innovative content marketing strategies, social media landscape, and overall business goals that drive brand awareness and lead conversions.
Ability to Effectively Communicate and Collaborate
You will be working with various departments to ensure all your digital marketing efforts are effectively done. But sometimes, it can be difficult to explain why changes have to be made to boost a site’s performance. This is why you should have the right skills to communicate and explain your suggestions.
Proficiency in Adapting to Changes on the Search Engines
Search engine giants, such as Google, roll out updates and changes to their algorithms constantly. This might be frustrating for incompetent SEOs, but if you have the quality to adapt, this is actually an exciting challenge for you.
To excel in this area, you need to be abreast with search engine algorithms by performing constant research and reviewing the sites you are working on to ensure they align with the ever-changing best practices in SEO. You can also think about it as an opportunity to learn more and improve your existing skills and knowledge.
Ability to Think Outside of the Box
SEO touches a lot of things aside from the usual elements that are used in improving a website. A good SEO specialist should be able to think outside of the box to make a digital marketing campaign more successful.
Apart from boosting search rankings, driving traffic, improving brand awareness, and converting leads, you should also consider the overall goals of a business to set it up for growth.
Being a Vietnam SEO specialist could be the most rewarding career path that you can take. Especially when you are earning dollars, it gives you the opportunity to live a good life, considering the cost of living in this country.
But still, you need to find the best company to work for in order to enjoy the greatest perks that this profession brings. So, do your research and seek referrals.
For more useful life and business hacks, feel free to check out the other articles on our site!