The majority of data storage is performed in Excel format. Excel is an essential component in an organization to protect large quantities of information in the form of databases. If there is a malfunction of the software or hardware, then it is a possibility of data loss in the Excel sheet. Excel sheets are susceptible to being damaged due to the frequent use of online services. Suppose you find yourself in a situation where data corruption occurs. You must be aware of ways to restore the excel spreadsheet and resume your regular work schedule at the workplace. In this article, we are going to discuss the reasons for Excel files being corrupted, common methods to fix excel files, and how Wondershare Repairit can repair corrupted excel files.
The cause of Excel file corruption
The most common reasons for Excel corrupted Excel files are as the following.
- Mishandling of file: One of the main reasons that cause an Excel corrupted Excel file is its handling, like closing down your system while the file is processing.
- Corrupt storage: There are chances that the partition or the external storage unit in which your Excel file is stored could be damaged or destroyed.
- Malware attack: Your Excel documents could be affected by any virus or malware and cause damage to its essential components.
- App-related issues: An issue with apps: problems related to the MS Excel app (or the MS Office package) are damaged. It may cause damage to the XLS files.
- Logical errors: You could have problems regarding your Excel file’s header, metadata, or other components that could be causing a variety of logical problems.
Common methods to fix Excel spreadsheets
The most commonly used methods to retrieve corruption-ridden Excel files are the following:
- Utilize MS Excel native repair feature: Microsoft has developed an integrated repair solution to make it easier to resolve every minor problem that arises with the Office document. So, if you find that your XLS or XLSX files are not severely damaged, you can easily repair them using the native features of this application. For Repair of damaged or corrupt Excel files, simply launch MS Excel. Launch the MS Excel application and go to the Files > Open options menu. It is now easy to locate and choose that corrupted Excel document saved on your computer. Instead of loading it the normal way using Excel, you can select the dropdown option next to the Open feature. From there, you can choose the “Open and Repair, and then you have to wait while MS Excel would automatically try to repair the file selected.
- Eliminate all unwanted temporary Excel data: Sometimes, it is possible to have issues with the storage of temporary files within MS Excel that can cause conflicts with your data. But this problem can be easily solved by eliminating all temporary Office information from your computer. To accomplish this, it is as easy as launching Microsoft’s Windows Explorer and going to the Windows drive (like the C drive). Navigate through Users to [Username] Application Data > Local Microsoft and Office. From there, you can search manually for files with the “tmp” extension and simply remove them from your system. Then, you can restart MS Excel and try loading the broken XLS file.
How to fix Excel files using Repair?
Many options are available to repair corrupted Excel files, but the most important one is Wondershare Repairit. So, here we will discuss some common steps that can help share any corrupted excel file.
First of all, you have to download and install Wondershare Repairit. After that, launch it and include the files to be fixed. After adding the files to be repaired, there are three choices. First, you can add one file using the “File Repair” option. Another option is to create an additional folder by selecting the “Add” option. If you choose the second option, you’ll have to select which files need to be fixed using the checkboxes for each file.
After you have completed adding files, click on the Repair button to start the process of repairing. The program will fix the locations you have selected and show an inventory of Excel files that have been repaired.
Using the Preview features of the program, you can view the files that have been fixed. Select those you are interested in saving.
Now click on the save button to save the repaired files.
If you are using the right software, you will repair the xls file, repair the xlsx file, restore the xls file, or even the xlsx file without difficulty. The easiest and most effective way to accomplish this is by employing a few efficient tools for recovering files, such as Repairit Data Recovery Software. The most effective option is Wondershare Repairit and Repair File Repair to repair corrupted Excel files.