When you hear the word “brand,” what comes to your mind? Names like Louis Vuitton, McDonald’s, Hyundai, or Microsoft may be some names that pop up.
Let’s say that you have the desire to create a brand that you want to be recognized just by looking at its logo. Or perhaps you already own a brand, however, it just isn’t making its mark in the industry as you had hoped.
Perhaps you are under the impression that your brand cannot ever achieve the level that some of the most famous brands are at today. However, don’t forget that Mark Zuckerberg started Facebook from his Harvard dorm in 2004 or that Google was created by 2 guys in a garage in 1996.
The 8 Basic Elements Of Building A Brand
Before taking the initial steps for creating a brand name and its image, you must familiarize yourself with the 8 basic elements that every brand requires:
- Logo: The logo is the “face” of the brand that people will recognize and the first thing a consumer sees. You may decide you want to hire a professional logo designer or perhaps create your own but know that the designing of the logo is one of the most essential elements since it will connect your brand with its audience on an emotional level.
- Colour palette: Depending on what your brand represents and what type of products or services you will be offering, your colour palette will convey emotions and feelings to its clients. To decide on the most appropriate colours to represent your brand, you must conduct detailed research on the psychology of colours.
- Shape: The sort of shapes you will be including in your logo, your website layout, the packaging, and so forth are all very essential parts in creating a complete look for your brand.
- Tagline: It is one of the most essential elements that create recognition for a brand. Your company’s tagline should convey your brand’s message (usually some sort of action) using only a couple of words.
- Vocabulary and tone: A specific vocabulary is a brand’s way of creating a persona for itself. Some brands choose to display a fun and colourful tone whereas some exude elegance.
- Fonts: If you have a brand that represents regalness and elegance, stylish cursive calligraphy may best represent what you have to offer, whereas if you want to portray an artsy look, fun-shaped fonts would suit it best.
- Imagery: Some brands are best represented through imagery that may be sharp, colourful with pictures that look like drawings whereas others may use high-definition photography to represent the brand image best.
- Positioning: This element refers to the niche that a brand of the company belongs to and how it is compared to other brands in the market. Who you choose to partner with, the price range of your product or services, the people you choose to represent your brand, all help create a position for your brand in the market.
Top Brand Strategy Course Offered Online
Besides these 8 basic elements, there are a lot more intricacies involved in creating a brand and it requires a developed strategy that will allow that brand to be nurtured and grow into a worthy competitor in the market. One of the best ways to make sure you can design such a brand is to take one of the top brand courses (mentioned below) that are offered online to help you fully comprehend the full process.
Harvard Business School Online: Uncover Innovative Solutions to Your Most Challenging Business Problems
What better way to learn to create a brand than from an elite brand itself. You can do just that by joining The Harvard Business School Online.
One of the best courses they have to offer is Uncover Innovative Solutions to Your Most Challenging Business Problems. According to one participant, Bethany Larson, “The platform was engaging, innovative, and allowed me to interact with the material in a way I never expected from an online course.”
It is taught by Professor Srikant Datar who is a Professor of Administration and Dean of Harvard Business School and the co-author of the leading cost accounting textbook, Cost Accounting: A Managerial Emphasis, and Rethinking the MBA: Business Education at a Crossroads.
This course is designed to teach you “innovative problem-solving tools to address business challenges and build products, strategies, teams, and environments for optimal use and performance.”
The duration of this course is 7 weeks and although the $1750 might seem like a hefty fee, it is a high-quality, content-rich packed course that includes 5 weeks of course content and 2 weeks of project work. You get a chance to learn how to problem-solve challenges that you may face when developing a business and how to use the latest tools to create the best business strategies for your brand.
Udemy: How to Design a Logo – a Beginners Course
As mentioned earlier, one of the key elements when creating a brand is designing a logo for it. When taking the initial steps for starting your own brand, you may decide to create the logo yourself rather than hiring a professional logo designer.
For someone who lacks any experience in designing a logo, Udemy has one of the best courses to offer. The How to Design a Logo – a Beginners Course has a 4.2-star rating this course teaches you all the essentials that you need to know when designing a logo.
Taught by Tara Roskell who has 20 years of experience in the design industry, the course at the moment only costs $9.99 after a 67% discount with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The course includes 42 lectures in addition to 2.5 hours of content, in addition to receiving a 61-page e-book. Upon completion of this course, you might realize you no longer need to hunt for the best professional logo designer online.
Coursera: Facebook Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate
One of the most important things required to promote your business is to devise a social media marketing strategy that will get you the maximum exposure for your business. One of the most popular online learning platforms, Coursera offers a course “Facebook Social Media Marketing Professional Certificate.”
The course syllabus includes the following:
- How to devise a marketing campaign for your target demographic
- How to work withFacebook Ads Manager
- Create and manage a social media presence
The 4.9-star rating is a testimonial of the fact that this free course in 7 months will efficiently teach you all there is to learn about promoting your business online on Facebook.
With online learning becoming the most convenient way to acquire knowledge these days, it is easy to find experts to tutor you and guide you on how to create a brand on some of the best online learning platforms. So instead of stepping onto the field without any course of action, why not enroll in some of these excellent courses which can guide how to best create and develop your brand name.